peach split to

The white chicks father must be peach split to white in order to get a white chick, with a white mother. ( a small assumption about the father's genetic make up). Regarding the pied, The Indiablue father must be split to pied to get a pied chick, in combination with a white hen as a mother.Therefore the pied male can not be split to peach unless the white hen is carrying a peach cross over gene which we can not visualise (There is no mention of it ,being so). The second scenario = Let us assume that the pied male's father is Indiablue and the mother is a peach. They do not produce a pied chick unless one parent is split to white and the other is split to pied. May be, one parent is split to pied which we can not see any way and the other is split to white -may or may not show visual white flight feathers or white throat patch too much to speculate about the parent's genetic make up.Therefore, there is some information missing about the exact genetic make up of the parents If this male produce any peach, or purple or cameo female chicks. when bred with a non-purple, non-cameo and non-peach hens, then he is defenitely split to peach.Other knowledgeable people may throw their thoughts on this.

All the chicks will be split white and also blackshoulder..In one scenario, 1) Purple split peach split BS split white males, 2) Indiablue split purple split white split BS males, 3) Peach split white split BS hen, and 4) Indiablue split white split BS hen. The second scenario depending on how that purple and cameo genes in the male segregate, ---All the chicks here also are split to white and blackshoulder .1) Cameo female split to white and blackshoulder, 2) Purple female split to white and blackshoulder, 3) Peach female split to white and black shoulder 4) Purple split peach split white split blackshoulder male 5) Purple split white split BS male, and the last 6) Indiablue split peach ?? split white and split BS male.Interesting genetic combinations!!!!

The white chicks father must be peach split to white in order to get a white chick, with a white mother. ( a small assumption about the father's genetic make up). Regarding the pied, The Indiablue father must be split to pied to get a pied chick, in combination with a white hen as a mother.Therefore the pied male can not be split to peach unless the white hen is carrying a peach cross over gene which we can not visualise (There is no mention of it ,being so). The second scenario = Let us assume that the pied male's father is Indiablue and the mother is a peach. They do not produce a pied chick unless one parent is split to white and the other is split to pied. May be, one parent is split to pied which we can not see any way and the other is split to white -may or may not show visual white flight feathers or white throat patch too much to speculate about the parent's genetic make up.Therefore, there is some information missing about the exact genetic make up of the parents If this male produce any peach, or purple or cameo female chicks. when bred with a non-purple, non-cameo and non-peach hens, then he is defenitely split to peach.Other knowledgeable people may throw their thoughts on this.

Yes, to get a white peachick, both parents must carry at least one copy of White. A Peach split to White may go unnoticed as such, being as it is already so pale, and being split to White may result in only a few white feathers.

Regarding the "pied" chick, you must not assume necessarily that the chick is truly "pied" (one copy each of Pied and White). Many pictures on the internet show birds that are either "Dark Pied" (homozygous for the Pied gene) or "split to White" and have them labeled as "pied." It's possible that the "pied" chick is really just "split to White" and that wouldn't require the father to be split to Pied. Looking at it, does it seem about 50% white? Or would you say it has just a little bit of white splashed onto it?

:)

Pedda regarding bronze: I have a bronze male and lost the hen last year. I have a IB white eye hen that I was thinking of breeding to him what would I get? Any bronze? I located a breeding bronze hen but the seller wants $200 for her and $195 to ship which to me is outside my thought zone as to why so much. I wrote him asking why so much in shipping waiting for reply.

Last edited:
Bronze is a recessive color and needs two genes to express, one from each parent. Therefore, breeding a bronze with an Indiablue ( does not matter which is the male) produce all Indiablue looking chicks in the first generation, but all of them are 50% IB and 50% bronze grnrtically.. And we call them Indiablue split Bronze. In the second generation , if you "in breed" these when they attain maturity (Brother x Sister ) They will segregate into, Bronze, Indiablue and Indiablue split bronze in the ratio of 25:25:50. This is true with all recessive colors like, Opal, Midnight,Jade,charcoal. sex linked colors like, Cameo, purple, violette, peach, Taupe ??? genetics is a little different. Patterns, like, white,blackshoulder, pied, white eye, can be introduced into other colors individually and in combinations and also can be combined among themselves at which point , genetics get complicated.. Since your Indiablue hen is white eyed single copy of white eye gene, you will get 50% of chicks with white eye, one copy though, in this particular cross.. On the other hand if your hen carrys two copies of white eye gene, 100% of chicks will carry one copy of white eye gene. By the by.single factored white eye throws a few white eyes (about 20 or so) in the tail feathers and two copies of white eye gene in a single bird will show all white eyed tail feathers.Breeders have produced this type of peafowl in almost all colors including blackshoulder.

Pedda,
I put the purple BS hen in with the IB pied plit white or peach as mentioned above. She has laid 4 eggs which he fathered and all 4 are fertile. It got cold again at my house and they stopped laying for almost a week. I put her in with the white split peach after she laid the 4th egg. I figure this is the only way to tell what these male birds truely are correct? I will count the next couple eggs as the pieds for the sperm can last up to 14 days in her if I remember correctly from what Deerman told me.

Hi, Yoda, Purple blackshoulder hen x Indiablue pied split peach = Chicks with 8 different genetic combinations possible..1) purple split peach and blackshoulder male. 2) Indiablue split purple,split blackshoulder, split pied male 3) Indiablue split peach, split blackshoulder male 4) purple split black shoulder male. Among female chicks 1) Indiablue split peach,split blackshoulder 2) Indiablue split blackshoulder split pied, 3)India blue split cameo, split blackshoulder, 4) Indiablue split purple , split black shoulder. Most of it is a theoritically correct possibility. However, the nature of peach ( which is not a gene by itself, and only an expression due to cross over, resulting in the presence of cameo and purple gene on one chromosome) split up in to Cameo and purple gene raises some questions. You said Indiablue pied split white male, If the Indiablue got one pied gene and one white gene, he is an Indiablue pied bird- and you know how an Indiablue pied male looks like. The same hen with White split peach male= 1) Indiablue split purple, split white, split black shoulder male chick, 2) Purple split peach, split white, split black shoulder male chick 3) Indiablue split white, split black shoulder female chick 4) ,Peach split white, split black shoulder female chick. Here all the chicks will be split to white and also split to black shoulder. It is impossible to identify all the split genes visually. for example--Purple split peach and black shoulder male looks like a regular purple phenotypically. I agree that the sperm stays viable in the reproductive system of a hen..

Pedda I have another to ask you. What would I get with IB BS and a midnight BS hen? I traded 12 of my eggs and let the woman pick what color she wanted for a pair of midnight BS. Her hen was sitting on the eggs so I had to wait. Well she lost the male and said that she only has one midnight male chick and will not give it to me now. I can breed the female seeing she has no male. So I need to know if I will get any midnight chicks from that pairing. I am so angry over this! LOL

Back
Top Bottom