peach split to

I have a male the same age, however, he is not as dark on the neck as yours seems to be. The hen should be 100% peach.

You'll just have to ask craig about his peach split purple, he'd probably explain it to you, since deerman and aquaeyes never explained it in their posts.

Last edited:
Pl post a few latest pictures of yours my friend Arbor..The pictures that we take are often misleading depending upon the direction the light is falling on them and the way various color react to the light. I will take some more pic. of this and another yearling Cameo split peach male which looks a bit lighter on the neck than the two year old. Yours after all may be a TRUE PEACH MALE my friend Arbor. The that I got these from told me that he originally got them from Brad legg AS DARK PEACH. I wish somebody who currently owns real peach posts a few convincing good mature pictures for everybody's enjoyment. All the previous peach pictures that I have seen from our , Texas peafowl, Brad legg, Hopkins livestock and others ,here on BYC and on their own websites vary so much in their appearance...Therefore we have a BIG ????????

Last edited:
Pl post a few latest pictures of yours my friend Arbor..The pictures that we take are often misleading depending upon the direction the light is falling on them and the way various color react to the light. I will take some more pic. of this and another yearling Cameo split peach male which looks a bit lighter on the neck than the two year old. Yours after all may be a TRUE PEACH MALE my friend Arbor. The that I got these from told me that he originally got them from Brad legg AS DARK PEACH. I wish somebody who currently owns real peach posts a few convincing good mature pictures for everybody's enjoyment. All the previous peach pictures that I have seen from our , Texas peafowl, Brad legg, Hopkins livestock and others ,here on BYC and on their own websites vary so much in their appearance...Therefore we have a BIG ????????
Very true, very BIG ??????'s. I will try to get some next time if I have a chance. Birds are presently at their new location with a friend looking after them until I sell my house and move up there. Will be a couple of weeks at least. The guy did have a peach hen though, and did look like he had some real peach birds too. My male is also pied. I think we can assume that there are two types of peach - dark peach(or cameo split peach) and peach (the real thing). Until my male breeds, I won't know which I have. I should be able to find out in the first breeding if I get a number of hens. I don't know if he'll breed this year though. I have poor luck with 2 yr old males being fertile, and I have yet to set up enough pens to pair up all my birds.

Yes, I think so.because both cameo and purple genes on the cross over z chromosome are sex linked. The peach males genotype is zczs, zc zs presence of two crossed over z chromosomes each with zc, zs genes and the peach female genotype is zczs, w, one crossed over chromosome with a cameo and a purple gene, and the other female sex chromosome (w).

Last edited:
Is peach a sexlink color like cameo?

Quote:
yesss.gif

Due to cross over, Both cameo and purple genes are located on single z chromosome .Therefore , I think both of these genes are passed on together (non separable ). to an offspring . The males with one of this z chromosome and another purple gene on the other z chromosome, make the male " Purple split peach". On the other hand, if the second z chromosome carrys a Cameo gene, then that male will be " a Cameo split peach". of course, the male with two of these cross over z chromosomes makes him PEACH. . Now the big question is---- the possible presence of another purple cameo opal or any other gene on this peach. ?????? The peach female carrys only one cross over z chromosome, with both cameo and purple genes ( non -separable) on it and the other is a sex chromosome.. please correct me. Thanks.
I asked Craig for the background on my 3 peaches cause the hens are getting white feathers on the wings but not the flight feathers and I also asked him about how can a peach be split to purple and he said he has a IB plit to peach male that he breed to a peach white eyed hen and got peach, ib split to peach and the other normal colors when you breed these two birds but he also got a purple male and a purple silver pied hen. He said in order to get a purple male both parents have to be split to purple and it shouldn't have happened on the hen so she is a peach color split to purple. He then bred the purple peacock from that pair to an ib hen and hatched purple and peach hen chicks.

I would very much like to see this genetic sequence in punnett squares to learn and add to my knowledge I under stand that a peach male is Zc Zs, Zc Zs two crossed over chromosomes A female is one crosed over chromosome zc zs, w. Zc= Cameo gene, Zs is purple gene, and w is female sex gene. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I asked Craig for the background on my 3 peaches cause the hens are getting white feathers on the wings but not the flight feathers and I also asked him about how can a peach be split to purple and he said he has a IB plit to peach male that he breed to a peach white eyed hen and got peach, ib split to peach and the other normal colors when you breed these two birds but he also got a purple male and a purple silver pied hen. He said in order to get a purple male both parents have to be split to purple and it shouldn't have happened on the hen so she is a peach color split to purple. He then bred the purple peacock from that pair to an ib hen and hatched purple and peach hen chicks.
When you breed an Indiablue split peach male with a peach w/e hen??????? is it possible to get a silver pied chick what ever the parent color is ? I understand that any silverpied peafowl carrys one white gene, one pied gene and two " white eye" genes. One white eye gene comes from the father and another from the mother. In this particular situation the Indiablue split peach does not have a white eye gene. How did the puple silver pied female chick appear ? Does not make sense to me. Some other senior knowledgeable members like our friend Arbor are skeptical about the possibility of the existance of a peach split purple hen. A sex linked female genetic trait can not be split to another sex linked color. THAT IS AGAINST GENETIC FUNDAMENTALS.Please correct me.

Last edited:
would be plausible if peach IS both purple and cameo- which has been brought up several times over the years- and the loci are not particularly close to each other, allowing them to segregate not so rarely. It's a mistake to assume ALL cross overs are going to be very tightly linked. And so that's how purples/cameos seem to come out of peach fairly regularly AND how the first peach showed up from the first discovered purple bred to a cameo.

Back
Top Bottom