peach split to

this was the other I got with them was suppose to be a juvenile hen but I'm wondering if the lady knew what she's talking about its bigger than the bronze hen and has good spur development for a year old is it a male?

Show us a few very good close up pictures of the hen to figure out what she really can be. Male looks like a IBBS correct.

Thanks guys! I will one day master the genetics of these birds but it will not be today LMAO!
lau.gif
I do have an extra white hen and she is suppose to be a spaulding but hell if I know how to tell the whites apart from each other - they all look the same to me LOL

I was looking at my thread about the Charcoal chicks and read post 37 where Deerman says I got white chicks from my charcoal pair cause the male has silver pied in him and she has pied in her. So my original pair can produce a pied charcoal correct?

here's the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...al-w-e-18-total-as-of-9-15-new-update-pics/30
I am guessing by reading that link, and your info above, that the charcoal w/e male is then probably split to white, hence why he said you could get both white chicks and pied chicks from him when bred to a pied hen. If this is true, and your charcoal w/e male is split to white and not pied, then breeding him to your original IB split charcoal and pied, you should in theory get the odd chick that is charcoal pied ( I stress both "in theory" and "odd").

this was the other I got with them was suppose to be a juvenile hen but I'm wondering if the lady knew what she's talking about its bigger than the bronze hen and has good spur development for a year old is it a male?
Looks like IB hen to me all my yearling hens have nice spur development

Back
Top Bottom