Peachicks of 2016 photos -- Let's see the babies!!!

Nice peachicks! I finally am starting to get eggs (only one hen is laying here). I do not believe any of our loaned hens are laying.

@Garden Peas that chick definitely has different coloring. I would be interest in seeing more pictures of it.

Nice peachicks! I finally am starting to get eggs (only one hen is laying here). I do not believe any of our loaned hens are laying.

@Garden Peas that chick definitely has different coloring. I would be interest in seeing more pictures of it.

X2,
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

lau.gif
Which one? There's a dozen of them running around here, and quite the assortment of peamutts, too!

How about pictures of all of them! You can't go wrong with that. But it would be interesting to see the Opal Silver Pied hen's offspring.

lau.gif
You spring chickens have all the energy! Okay, I'll work on it. The two youngest are totally adorable, and both from your hen
wink.png

Finally, my first pea chick hatched this year!

I set several first eggs under the Silkie hens but I think Superman has not been able to convince his ladies he is THE man. I have seen him breed one of his hens but so far the first of the eggs from that pen did not grow. That is alright, I think I have at least 8 more under the Silkies from them. Superman is a purple peacock I picked up this year and put with 3 IB BS hens, Charm, Stars and Celebrity.

The Opal WE hens are in with my silver pied, Velocity and they are laying well.

I got my first Bronze egg today from my Bronze peacock, Hershey, over his 2 daughters Dove and Kisses. I lost their mom, Godiva to a freak accident and do not have any other Bronze.

The IB peacock, Mojo is hopefully getting busy with his IB hens, JuJu and Hoorah and I have set some of their eggs. They just came home from the other peafowl place about 4 months ago so I have never gotten to hatch from them before.

Jack, my one eyed purple and his lady, Roche, have given me one egg.

Zazous, the silver pied peacock I named after a great lady here on BYC, and his Dilly have given me a few eggs.

And the most thrilling thing for me is the first hatch of the year.
My Cameo Peacock and my Peach hen gave me their very first offspring. I am so proud of them! They are both around 6 years old (or more) and she has never laid all that well til this year. So far she has given me 6 eggs!
The pea chick hatched under a Silkie but I brought it into the brooder because the Silkies are sitting on a lot more eggs.

I was beginning to think Peachy was sterile or something since she rarely laid and I never could hatch what she did lay. I think I made her happy with the pen she is in now. Cameo is her childhood sweetheart since they grew up together since hatch and have always lived together.

Thanks!
The most exciting part is the age on this pair and her not laying well for years!
idunno.gif

I thought they would just be nice pets and I put them in a pen in my front yard/pasture where they can't even see the other peafowl but can hear them on the back of the farm. I guess Peachy likes it there because she has laid very well and I hope to get a few more pea chicks from them! Just because I can!
wee.gif

And oh my, what an addiction!
ya.gif

Like the others I have in breeding and all the pea chicks I hatch each year is not enough......
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom