Peachicks

Sylverfly

Songster
10 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Northeastern Michigan
Anyone know any breeders or small hatcheries that sell peachicks and ship. I know of a few big hatcheries that do, but like their run of the mill chickens and other poultry they are higher then most breeders and often seem inferior in quality or personality, no offense big hatcheries but most do practice quantity over quality. So does anyone have a list of places/ people who ship peafowl/peachicks. Preferably some that are reasonable for a cheap skate like me. Otherwise I'll just have to spend the day on google doing research and you know I'll see all kinds of pheasants and other lovely birds I'll just have to have then, lol. Much thanks BYC community.

Hmm... Well the only one I can think of right now is Legg's Peafowl. They are the largest peafowl breeder and they can sell you different packages where you can get an assortment, etc. I am not sure about what is a good and bad price as I only buy yearling and adult birds and hatch chicks from my own birds so I can be certain. Here is the order info for chicks from Legg's Peafowl:
http://www.leggspeafowl.com/dayoldpeachicks.htm

Hopkin's Livestock says on the website that they do not ship chicks until 2-3 months of age and I don't see a price list for that:
http://www.hopkinslivestock.com/current_pricelist.htm

Other than that I am not sure...Hopefully a breeder on here might be able to ship you some peachicks. The people on this forum generally are not just big peafowl farms that only want quantity vs. quality.

Thanks, I was bored so I made some egg flowers out of the days gathered eggs, lol...the height of boredom I guess. Those are pretty good sites, Legg's was pretty reasonable. so thanks for the sites guys. But now I have 2 broody Cochin hens and they seem rather set in their ways and are attempting to hatch some lovely golf balls, and my sweet hens are now scary screaming monsters so I'm thinking of getting some peafowl eggs and letting the hens work their magic. The cheapest eggs I found were $8 a piece but I lost the site, anyone know a site with similar prices or even lower prices? I'd like to get the eggs ASAP since my hens are currently broody.

Back
Top Bottom