Peafowl 201: Further Genetics- Colors, Patterns, and More

Pics
Well if it is Cameo and doesn't have any patterns like Black Shoulder, there would be barring on the shoulders if they were a male. If they are Spalding Cameo, hens may show some barring. @KsKingBee do you have some pictures to show the barring of a Cameo male?

Cameo Pied WE cock coming two years old.

Cameo BS cock coming three years old.

Cameo mature hen.

Cameo BS hen 2016 hatch.

Cameo Pied WE cock 2016 hatch.

Cameo Silver Pied mature hen.

Cameo Pied WE hen.

Cameo BSWE hen coming two years old.

Cameo boys.

2016 Cameo pair taken in October, cock standing up and hen setting.

Cameo cock coming three displaying.

Mature Cameo hens.

I'm sorry, what was the question?

Birdrain92 and Kskingbee thank you for the help. This is the first time I Kept any cameo chicks so was not aware how brown the juvenile males are compared to the juvenile females. The pic taken in October of the juvenile pair was perfect. Obviously I have four females just as the genetic chart said they would be. Thanks again for the help. FC.

Cameo Pied WE cock coming two years old. Cameo BS cock coming three years old. Cameo mature hen. Cameo BS hen 2016 hatch. Cameo Pied WE cock 2016 hatch. Cameo Silver Pied mature hen. Cameo Pied WE hen. Cameo BSWE hen coming two years old. Cameo boys. 2016 Cameo pair taken in October, cock standing up and hen setting. Cameo cock coming three displaying. Mature Cameo hens. I'm sorry, what was the question?
The question was, if you bred an IB split to Cameo cock to IB hen would the Cameo chicks all be hens. Then I told them yes if they're Cameo they'd be hens. Then the next question was, is there a way to sex them. Then I told them that cocks will have barring. Then I wanted you to post pictures to help with visualization.

gig.gif
I think KsKingBee has enough photos to share and help make ID!
lau.gif

The question was, if you bred an IB split to Cameo cock to IB hen would the Cameo chicks all be hens. Then I told them yes if they're Cameo they'd be hens. Then the next question was, is there a way to sex them. Then I told them that cocks will have barring. Then I wanted you to post pictures to help with visualization.

Very good Jayden! The only thing I am questioning is the % of IB cocks being half split to Cameo and the others not. I was of the assumption that all of the cocks would be split Cameo. Sensei, @AugeredIn could you confirm please?

If the cock is split to cameo, the chicks that receive a Z from dad with the cameo mutation and a normal Z from mom will be split cameo cocks. The chicks that receive the non-mutated Z from dad and the normal Z from mom are just normal IB cocks. So, half of the boy chicks will be split cameo and there is absolutely no way to tell them apart from the non-split boy chicks except to grow them up and breed them.

Sex linked :
They say ...:

"Purple female x Blue male = Blue split Purple males and Blue females"

Why the Purple peahen Can not produce at least some Purple peachicks female ? .... female need only ONE gene Purple to show the sex linked color.This gene can't come from the mother ... why ?

Back
Top Bottom