Peafowl egg swap anyone?

I just wanted everyone to be aware of the legalities. If I get any eggs/birds from a non NPIP source after I get certified, my plan is keep them quarantined until they get tested. Check your state laws. I know in ND, to enter or exit the state birds have to be EITHER from a NPIP source OR checked by a veterinarian.

Kuntrygirl IBs are fine for some of us just starting out with peas...lol

ok. LOL

Here are pics of what mine look like in the event anyone wants to swap with me.

And they produced him last year.

Two of my three hens have white flights, the third has a very small patch of white on her throat. Of the six 2012 peas, four have white flights and a very small throat patch, one has just white flights and one has no white.

Edited to say that mine are all IB from unknown stock.

Last edited:
Kuntrygirl, I see one of your Male's is split to White, I am guessing one of your females is also.

I am not a fan of White birds, My males are all split to white, My Hen's are not One has the Pied Gene ( BS Hen ) so I am hoping that I will not get any whites. Pretty birds though.

Kuntrygirl, I see one of your Male's is split to White, I am guessing one of your females is also.

I am not a fan of White birds, My males are all split to white, My Hen's are not One has the Pied Gene ( BS Hen ) so I am hoping that I will not get any whites. Pretty birds though.

Yes they are. I soooooo love the whites. I wish I could get more this year. :)

I am looking to get another hen, I am just unsure what to get, Maybe I start a thread asking about this. My Silver pied Male has all the white I need along with my BS Female.

I do have 1 White Leghorn Chicken Hen and to Royal Palm Turkeys which are White and black.

Would it be a good idea to post what type (breed) of peas we have so that in the event we have something that someone else wants, they can let us know? And this will eliminate anyone getting a certain breed that they don't want.

Back
Top Bottom