peahen adopting us

eggbeater

Hatching
10 Years
Oct 5, 2009
smile.png
cool.png

We havehad 10 back yard chickens since spring. Recently after returning from a trip to Spokane we noticed a peahen in the yard lurking around the chicken coop & feeder. She seems young and returnes daily. We have only seen the one peahen, her neck is blue and she honks- like honk honk... She is eating our laying mash - do you think shee will layeggs?

If her neck is blue, the she is probably a he. We got our first pea this way. She took up with our chickens and never left, even tho she free ranged for about a year. We got her a dude, and they now have three young ones. They are great birds to have around and only lay a few eggs each year. Post a pic so we can see what you got!

42441_peahen_003.jpg
/img]
Well here is one of the photos. I'm not good at thi so I will put a second photo on another post.. Thanks for your patients...
smile.png
cool.png

smile.png
cool.png
42441_peahen_002.jpg
/img]
Second photo, well now I am learning more about peafowl and tec posts.. What do ya thnk a he or she?

Last edited:
42441_peahen_002.jpg
[/URL]/img]
smile.png
cool.png
Thanks for the ID on the fowl she comes by daily but I'm wondering if she is part of a neighbors peaflock. The funny part is she showed up after our trip to Spokane Wa where we went to the "Peacock Lounge" for a drink at the Davenport Hotel. That same day our daugfghter told us that the peahen showed up. Prior to that we hav not seen any peafowl around ... spookey...

Back
Top Bottom