pecked in the eye

I feel so much better reading all of these! I got pecked in the eye today by my 4 week old SLW. I have their brooder out in the coop and had let them out to play while the bigger chickens were in the yard. I was leaning over a board/ramp to get into the brooder cage and Bernie walked down the board and pecked the corner of my eye. I was so startled I yelled, and she wouldn't come near me the rest of the time I was out there. I think its fine, just kinda irritated, but Ive definitely learned to pay a bit more attention to what they're up to!

We have a chicken, Frack, who comes and goes in the house as she pleases. She is housebroken (long story) and used to go upstairs to lay her eggs in our bed. One time I went upstairs and laid down in the bed to wait for her to get finished so we could go out. I dozed off, but then something told me to wake up. I woke up to find myself eye to eye with Frack. She was inches from my face, looking at me as if to say, Mommy, why are you laying here, do you need to lay an egg, too? Luckily, I didn't get pecked in the eye!

Back
Top Bottom