Pecking at jumping toward top of brooder

Get them outside in a safe pen during the day, protected from predators. Any temp over 70 will be comfortable for them. Shade is necessary.

They will remind you to quit dallying with the coop construction. These guys are ready to be chickens and wondering why their humans are so slow in launching their chicken careers.

Get them outside in a safe pen during the day, protected from predators. Any temp over 70 will be comfortable for them. Shade is necessary.

They will remind you to quit dallying with the coop construction. These guys are ready to be chickens and wondering why their humans are so slow in launching their chicken careers.
Yes, yes, Mamma can't do it until her $$$ arrives though. Meanwhile, I am looking, reading, and making sure we get them a way good home. At this point a hoop style, Porta Pen 180 foot tractor type is winning. I am so excited for them. They'll probably be kicking me out saying, "Mamma ain't you got your own house"?

Attachments

• PortaPen1a.jpg
    PortaPen1a.jpg
    631.4 KB · Views: 1
You can take them outside for a short visit, but make sure to use something tight enough for their temporary pen.

They'll scoot right through 2x4 wire.
Perhaps I should get another play pen thingy like they are brooding in. One in their room over there, and the other for visits outside. Oh, but wait, they won't be touching the ground so perhaps a moot point. Hmmmm. I have seen this . . .

And it will be useful for future chicks. That would be nice for them to go out to play on my days off work. I could be reading or turning compost pile or something useful while they are out. Or, simply watching them. :)

Attachments

• 716YwAV1qgS._AC_SX425_.jpg
    716YwAV1qgS._AC_SX425_.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 1
I'm with @3KillerBs ! I wouldn't spend a cent on a temporary play pen. Ask around. I bet someone you know has a roll of used, ugly, warped chicken wire or hardware cloth under the weeds behind a shed that the wife has been nagging her man to haul to the dump and they'd be delighted to let you have it for free. That leave a frame to nail it to. For that, make a trip to your local lumber yard and ask them where their scrap pile is. It's free in most yards, and you can probably find enough 2x4s or 2x2s to assemble a frame.
Save the $$ for the permanent structure, which looks wonderful, by the way.

I'm with @3KillerBs ! I wouldn't spend a cent on a temporary play pen. ask them where their scrap pile is. It's free in most yards, and you can probably find enough 2x4s or 2x2s to assemble a frame.
Save the $$ for the permanent structure, which looks wonderful, by the way.
Hmm, never knew there was one. I am off today so I am on it!

Thanks gals! :D

Back
Top Bottom