Peep believes she can fly

RJKnott

Songster
Mar 25, 2020

One of the reasons we got Pekins was we wanted ducks that wouldn’t fly away. During a rain storm a couple weeks ago Peep was running and flapping her wings and caught some wind and glided 3 or 4 feet and has been trying to fly ever since

This is her earlier today. She does this every day now trying to get off the ground again heh

never uploaded a video here before so hope it works

Wow!! I have never seen a pekin do that before! She must be very proud of her self if she keeps trying after that first flight 😂 Don't worry she isn't going to fly away, Pekins are much too large to be able to fly and carry their own weight,

Wow!! I have never seen a pekin do that before! She must be very proud of her self if she keeps trying after that first flight 😂 Don't worry she isn't going to fly away, Pekins are much too large to be able to fly and carry their own weight,

heh a couple weeks ago it was going to storm and the wind was really picking up so I was trying to herd them inside. My male, Nibbler, will just let me pick him up. But Peep makes me chase her. So she was waddle running along and stretched out her wings just as a strong wind came through and she glides maybe 4 feet or so. And She came down and was so startled by it heh

she keeps flapping her wings and running trying to get airborn again 😂

One of the reasons we got Pekins was we wanted ducks that wouldn’t fly away. During a rain storm a couple weeks ago Peep was running and flapping her wings and caught some wind and glided 3 or 4 feet and has been trying to fly ever since

This is her earlier today. She does this every day now trying to get off the ground again heh

never uploaded a video here before so hope it works
Good effort, lil lady. Mine like to try as well, they are lighter than a Pekin, but still can’t manage that much

Back
Top Bottom