Good luck❤️ She's so cute!!
My black Bantam Silkie went broody the same day! She is sitting on some Brahma eggs, it's her first time so I hope everything goes well, I have to force her to get up everyday to eat and drink...
I ended up putting 35 eggs in the incubator last month, 30 were fertile and 25 chicks hatched, they are now 8 days old and super active.
Thank you! So a lot of chicks for you, good luck with all these babies, I hope to see some pictures when these Brahma eggs hatch! :jumpy

Yesterday I saw a fox from the kitchen window, my yard isn't predator proof, so I wasn't happy. I closed the chickens in the run and went out with the dog to scare it. It ran off, hope we won't see it for a while, but I'm going to be careful in the next days!
P1170198.jpg

Omg Edgar is such a good name😭 it also reminds me of Austria's song for Eurovision
Eh eh thank you, her complete name is Edgar Allan Pio (pio is the chicks noise in Italian, not sure how it is in English, maybe "peep"? It could work also as Edgar Allan Peep), I thought she was a he when she was born! I don't know the Eurovision song, but I'm going to search it now!

Eh eh thank you, her complete name is Edgar Allan Pio (pio is the chicks noise in Italian, not sure how it is in English, maybe "peep"? It could work also as Edgar Allan Peep), I thought she was a he when she was born! I don't know the Eurovision song, but I'm going to search it now!
In the Netherlands it’s “piep”. The pronunciation is almost the same. And Edgar Allan Piep would work too.

How large is your garden? Is it possible to ad electric wire around it? That can be made quickly. I’ve been reading it works great to keep foxes and such out. My neighbours have one to keep their mini pig inside the garden. It works on a small solar power battery.

In the Netherlands it’s “piep”. The pronunciation is almost the same. And Edgar Allan Piep would work too.

How large is your garden? Is it possible to ad electric wire around it? That can be made quickly. I’ve been reading it works great to keep foxes and such out. My neighbours have one to keep their mini pig inside the garden. It works on a small solar power battery.

Ours is tsiou tsiou😭

Ours is tsiou tsiou😭
I would go with Mao Tsiou-Tung then, but that would be definitely a more controversial reference! :hmm
Ah and I listened to that Eurovision song, it really refers to Edgar Allan Poe, that's funny!
How large is your garden? Is it possible to ad electric wire around it?
It's not that big, but it's oddly shaped and that makes it harder to fence it. I totally want to do it, I just have to come to terms with my neighbour, who doesn't want it because the electric wire would be very close to his door... unfortunately there's no other way to do it!

Back
Top Bottom