Enjoy, they grow fast! Mine are very chatty and so funny! I gave them bird sand in a large dish and they already knew exactly what to do with it, take a dust bath of course! Now they are a month old, I introduced them to a bowl of pure meat dog food. They proceeded to chase whoever had a bit of it in their beak around, and try to steal it, although there was still plenty in the bowl. Should have seen the acrobatics! :lau Better entertainment than any action movie...lol
Hi Erba. Are you sure dogfood is okay for chicks? Never heard of that before. I wouldn’t give it to my chicks if I had any. I think such food is not allowed in the chicken industry. Maybe for a reason?

Chick feed is balanced and has it all. For extra maybe 1 or 2 dried mealworms a day as a treat. From a month old you can give some fresh greens too with small stones for pigeons to grind it.

Hey, nice to "see" you again! I was wondering what happened. I have noticed with other threads that the notification does not work... About the beams... fantastic!!! What a treasure!
I agree @Perris, so much rain. I have been wondering that myself.

Well, I candled the eggs last night. No more Hail Mary's... they didn't make it. Out of the 50 eggs there are 44 left. Looking real good this time. Hopefully not all roosters again. Yes, all of my 6 Sulmtaler that I hatched for myself are roosters. Yes, Sir! There is some roasted chicken in the future!

Ladies, I'm not sure what happened, but I lost all alerts for this thread! But now I'm caught up on my reading and checking out your pics! Such sweet things they are.
We were pummeled again last night with 70 km winds and luckily the coop remained upright, due to some repairs after the last storm. I can not remember Germany being hit with 3 straight storms as powerful as these last three have been. But this Saturday, I pick up some wooden beams that a neighbor is donating. I think some of these beams are at least 100 years old and they are all hand cut. Last weekend, he found a beam laying in a pile and on the side 1686 was etched in. How cool is that? He's thinking that someone in his family, took a barn down, stacked the wood where he found it and forgot to rebuild it. Nothing else new here, just wanted to say "Hi" and all.
View attachment 2034515

I didn't get any alerts for this thread either!

Dog and cat food is ok if it is fed as a treat. I think they don't allow it in the industry due to people (companies really) feeding too much trash. Remember mad cow desease? If you ever looked into what they were allowed to add into the cow feed... oh boy!! And if you think about it, it is also more expensive than chicken feed. It is a nice protein pick up for them.... as long as you don't feed it all the time.

Hi Erba. Are you sure dogfood is okay for chicks? Never heard of that before. I wouldn’t give it to my chicks if I had any. I think such food is not allowed in the chicken industry. Maybe for a reason?

Chick feed is balanced and has it all. For extra maybe 1 or 2 dried mealworms a day as a treat. From a month old you can give some fresh greens too with small stones for pigeons to grind it.

dog's food once a month is good for chickens.

My dad wantedto buy chicks, so i tried to stay away from te cutenes overflow and stayed with the bigger birds. But it did not help. One of the cochin bantams really wanted to come with me, she kept trying to get my attention and she won with her adorable chirping:love
20200224_145842.jpg

Back
Top Bottom