They have grown so much!! Just cleaned their pen Saturday... oh it was so nice!! They have torn the place up!! I am getting ready to move them to the coop Friday. They are flying and fighting and running around like a mob. Unbelievable!!

Attachments

• 20200225_165925.jpg
    20200225_165925.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20200225_165338.jpg
    20200225_165338.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20200225_165331.jpg
    20200225_165331.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 1
So cute. I’ve been looking everywhere for a bantam Cochin mine died last year. I’m so jealous she is so pretty. Can’t find the anywhere around here.
My dad wantedto buy chicks, so i tried to stay away from te cutenes overflow and stayed with the bigger birds. But it did not help. One of the cochin bantams really wanted to come with me, she kept trying to get my attention and she won with her adorable chirping:loveView attachment 2034647

So cute. I’ve been looking everywhere for a bantam Cochin mine died last year. I’m so jealous she is so pretty. Can’t find the anywhere around here.
My neighbor just got some... in bobtail color! So beautiful!

And looks like I am getting one goose! My neighbor said she is getting geese again.. but just for butchering. She said she needs someone to lock them in at night when she is not home... if I would do that, she would raise one for me to be butchered in fall. Well... it's a start! LOL

I really like her, she comes to sit on my hand and wants to be cuddled :love I've named her Polletje Wolletje after a sheep i knew who was named Polly. The grown EE's i have show interest, but no aggression.:D
20200225_140300.jpg
20200225_140333.jpg

Where do you live Crissy? Did you try a to find them via a Cochin club or a online platform?

Maybe you can find a breeder who wants to post a dozen eggs? Then you can breed them without having them around where you live.

I’m in lower Austria. Yes I’ve checked online and I go to all local chicken shows from the small animal associations. But no one has them or is willing to sell any. The farmer I got mine from is not selling any. He said they just don’t breed as much as his other breeds. But I’m not giving up, I’m always looking. The farmer I had got mine from said he doesn’t know anyone else any where around here that breeds them. I had a silkie rooster and I hatched an egg from my Cochin before she died, of course he ended up being a rooster, and he is mixed with a silkie. He is super cute but I’m still looking for a hen bantam Cochin.

Where do you live Crissy? Did you try a to find them via a Cochin club or a online platform?

Maybe you can find a breeder who wants to post a dozen eggs? Then you can breed them without having them around where you live.

I’m in lower Austria. Yes I’ve checked online and I go to all local chicken shows from the small animal associations. But no one has them or is willing to sell any. The farmer I got mine from is not selling any. He said they just don’t breed as much as his other breeds. But I’m not giving up, I’m always looking. The farmer I had got mine from said he doesn’t know anyone else any where around here that breeds them. I had a silkie rooster and I hatched an egg from my Cochin before she died, of course he ended up being a rooster, and he is mixed with a silkie. He is super cute but I’m still looking for a hen bantam Cochin.
If you have silkies you have great opportunities to let them hatch some eggs. From March till July is a great tine for natual breeding.
It might be easier to buy eggs than a pullet?
And you can order eggs from other countries too. I found info of a breeder in Germany and Belgium on a Dutch site:
https://www.cochin.nl/fokkers-internationaal
There are a more breeders in the Netherlands, easy to find on Marktplaats:
https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/dieren...285449651fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr
The ones who sell chicks usually sell eggs too if you ask.

Last edited:
Hi guys! I'm from italy and @aart suggest maybe here thare is someone that can help me!
I'm searching a chicken feeding avaible even in Italy, or deliverable in italy...
Ok, i need a feed that is:
- Organic
- OMG free
- without calcium addition
(my hens aren't laying at the moment...they'll start soon i think, they're about 8-9 months old and my 6 ys old hen last year layed many eggs)
Someone in this forum told be that calcium addition without laying could be dangerous and made problems...so i'd like to have, for some time, no addition.
Do you know some brands? oh, even raw materials are good :) :) :)
thank you 😉

Back
Top Bottom