That is so exciting! I am getting closer to what I want my LS to look like. Which means I won't be keeping any of the roosters now. Not for breeding at least. The hen is not breeding quality either, although I love her, so she can stay. . These are the ones from August, and see what I get from the chicks in the brooder, I definitely have some hens in there and a couple of roosters. So looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

View attachment 2429495View attachment 2429496View attachment 2429497

I agree she is too young to be judged.

mmmh, too young? She is almost a year old. January 30, they will all be one year old. She is just too small, for breeding with. Even my mixes are bigger than she is. They were all from the eggs I picked up myself. I saw his flock, all were ok as far as I could see, but what I got out of the eggs is kinda weird, there must be some odd genetics in his flock. But you have to learn the hard way. Thank goodness now, that only four hatched...

mmmh, too young? She is almost a year old. January 30, they will all be one year old. She is just too small, for breeding with. Even my mixes are bigger than she is. They were all from the eggs I picked up myself. I saw his flock, all were ok as far as I could see, but what I got out of the eggs is kinda weird, there must be some odd genetics in his flock. But you have to learn the hard way. Thank goodness now, that only four hatched...
Ok.. well then I wouldn't use her or breeding either. I guess I read August and thought she hatched then. It just happens... I had one hen who was a lot smaller than the others. A nice lady bought her (she even became a member of our breeding club) and she says she is still small.
But isn't it funny how some just find their way into your heart? I have one hen I thought she was just beautiful but her comb was not very good. She get's to stay anyways and even be in the breeding group. I was told that other than her comb she is really really good. But she comes and sits on my lap when I find the time (and if it's not cold or rainy) to sit with them. She is just adorable.

Yup, I named her Betty Boop. She comes out of the pen every day and wants attention. She pecks at my jeans to get it, if she thinks I'm ignoring her...lol I love her to bits, but it is no good breeding with her, or her brothers, sadly. At the moment it is great with them though, all three roosters, have their designated hens and they are all getting along really well.

Took some snow pictures this morning. It's so funny how some don't mind and others do.
IMG_20201201_110235_503.jpg
IMG_20201201_110235_520.jpg
20201201_094230.jpg
20201201_094531.jpg
IMG_20201201_110235_498.jpg
20201201_094226.jpg

20201201_094226.jpg
20201201_095644.jpg
IMG_20201201_110235_503.jpg

Back
Top Bottom