I have candled eggs with the phone torch and I can see. Otherwise my LED torch does the same job as the ovoscope.

@chickengr sure, any time you need pure Marian eggs, let me know, I will buy them and give them to your Bulgarian friends traveling your way. I live in a village which I am not even sure is on the maps 🙂 About 1-2 hours drive from Makaza border. I can also send the eggs by bus, except I have no idea if the busses are running now.

My mama Silky tried to kidnap another baby chick from the brooder box today. She already kidnapped a couple, and I decided 6 is enough for her. She hatched 2 herself, then I have incubator chicks hatched the same day. They are all in the same room, so mama Silky decided she wants more babies, she goes to the brooder box, clucking and if a chick manages to jump out of the brooder box she adopts it and takes the chick in her nest to be raised with her own (previously adopted/kidnapped). She has 6 now and I decided this is enough...

Thanks folks for reassuring me that the eggs might hatch after all. I’m ‘patiently’ waiting to see what’s going to happen by the end of next week and wait a few days more before giving up..

if I were you I would give up on day 23, not before. but I don't think you will wait so long. a friend of mine found his broody in the wrong nest when he came from work in the afternoon. eggs were totally cold. I didn't let him give up and the eggs hatched on day 22.

My mama Silky tried to kidnap another baby chick from the brooder box today. She already kidnapped a couple, and I decided 6 is enough for her. She hatched 2 herself, then I have incubator chicks hatched the same day. They are all in the same room, so mama Silky decided she wants more babies, she goes to the brooder box, clucking and if a chick manages to jump out of the brooder box she adopts it and takes the chick in her nest to be raised with her own (previously adopted/kidnapped). She has 6 now and I decided this is enough...

what breed are chicks in the brooder? a friend of mine puts chicks hatched by 3 broodies under 1.

what breed are chicks in the brooder? a friend of mine puts chicks hatched by 3 broodies under 1.
Was, chicks from 3 broodies under one? How many did she end up with?
I hatched two breeds at this hatch: Cochins and RIR over Leghorn. Mama Silky hatched one of each and the rest she kidnapped from the brooder box. BTW I find RIR over white Leghorn to be a great cross. Very healthy, not as wild as Leghorns (I have 10 pure Leghorn hens and I don't like them, too wild, fly everywhere) and lay many eggs too.

Was, chicks from 3 broodies under one? How many did she end up with?
I hatched two breeds at this hatch: Cochins and RIR over Leghorn. Mama Silky hatched one of each and the rest she kidnapped from the brooder box. BTW I find RIR over white Leghorn to be a great cross. Very healthy, not as wild as Leghorns (I have 10 pure Leghorn hens and I don't like them, too wild, fly everywhere) and lay many eggs too.

10-15 chicks per broody. depends on breed (LF or bantam).

RIR roo over leghorn hen? so you create isa brown/lochmann or whatever they call them.

do you have pure RIR?

So my eggs from the Netherlands will arrive Sunday.
I have uilenbaard, barnevelder kriel, cochin and Fryske hinnen.
My most desired though Silver Lakenvelder did not make it.. huh..

I had to google to see what breeds uilenbaard Fryske and are. good choice. a friend of mine has lakenvelder. at the moment we are not free people so I cannot organize to send you eggs at the moment. I hope next month the occupation will end so we shall see.

Back
Top Bottom