@Papa John59 just contacted me thru facebook. He ran into some health issues. He wanted me to say hello to everyone...he is starting to do better.
I gave papa John my second free feather membership (a price for the most rewarded “funny caption”). Because I thought he was back again to chat again and thought it would be a nice welcome back present. Please tell him that he has the possibility to change the second line under his Avatar if he likes to do that.

Thanks! At the moment I have silver and blue laced Wyandottes, speckled Sussex, and some young frizzles and silver pencilled brahmas in the brooder right now. Some cross-breeds too. Hope to get some silkies soon.

For a small country we actually have quite a lot of breeds available here, but me being me, I want what is not available (such as millefleur, Polish frizzle, Sebright, Barnevelder, English crested araucana and Isabel brahmas). So I've often thought about ordering eggs from other EU countries, but not sure if that would work.

My question for all, have you been successfully ordering eggs from other countries, and if yes, which pages and which delivery service did you use?
So many new replies... I didn't see them yesterday. We had internet issues. So I was on my cell phone. Didn't get to look around much!
Welcome to this thread @Kiawaki
I don't order hatching eggs. If I ever get hatching eggs I will pick them up. Too many issues otherwise. You can get lucky, and you might end up with scrambled eggs... wrong eggs... dirty eggs. Only if that person has a good reputation would I consider ordering thru the mail.

Sad and happy news... I start with the sad.
One of my Bielefelder hens lied dead in the rooster pen where I kept them. I have no idea what was wrong with her. She was fine this morning. It saddens me, as I was going to have them checked at the University in Gießen. Then they would have moved to my friend Eva. She has this huge orchard where her geese and non breeding chickens get to run around. They would have had so much freedom. So I am really sad about her. She hatched last year... one of my first chicks.

On to the happy news. When I got home I found a small package on my chair. My husband said happy anniversary... even though it's not until October. :lol: :lol: :lol: But he said you need that now... not in October. I opened it and wow!!! Just wow!!!

Attachments

• 182863227_550884896036065_1825010001274824061_n.jpg
    182863227_550884896036065_1825010001274824061_n.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 3
Hello to the newcomers :frow
Hope papa john wil feel better soon :hugs
@abpatchy sad too see your own grown hen go like that, sounds like a heart attack:hugs nice of your husband now you wil know al about your breeding program:yesss:
Here I've been busy in the house and I'm done with it :mad::he my husband his body is'nt coopertive his neck and his back are whore out, so he really can't help. So the house comes on my shoulders and sometimes when I'm fixing something painting something building something or cleaning something and he can't help :mad::mad::mad::he:he:he:rant:rant:rant I want the house done !!!! The chickies are nice Toos sounds like a chicken now and is investigating the nest box :D

Yes, same here. The length of the trip doesn't matter as much as how the eggs are packed and treated by delivery workers. Of course, better to buy eggs from people directly, but sometimes what I want is not available close by.

welcome!

I did not have luck with eggs from france. they were packed perfectly well, none was broken but they probably were left outside in a sunny day, or similar.

Back
Top Bottom