So from 10 now in the Bruja incubator, only four look ok. One looked really weird, like it had two dark spots and no veins, so chucked it. Most of them had started developing, naughty hens. The other ones were all clear. The second batch are doing better, from 18, 15 are good to go.

I put my roosters on a diet. They were definitly to heavy. Eating too much. The one kept sitting down and the last eggs were not all fertile.
Fast forward to now... a few weeks ago I put one rooster with the young roosters... and the other with the ladies I kept. He is not sitting down anymore and every egg is fertile. Wow! I have been restricing the feed. Sulmtaler are a meat bird... so I think they like to eat.
Now I see all these fertile eggs and think... they could be chicks!!! :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy
sigh. But I have no room for chicks and keeping them separated. I have to stay strong! hahaha Spring will be here soon enough. :confused:

I put my roosters on a diet. They were definitly to heavy. Eating too much. The one kept sitting down and the last eggs were not all fertile.
Fast forward to now... a few weeks ago I put one rooster with the young roosters... and the other with the ladies I kept. He is not sitting down anymore and every egg is fertile. Wow! I have been restricing the feed. Sulmtaler are a meat bird... so I think they like to eat.
Now I see all these fertile eggs and think... they could be chicks!!! :jumpy :jumpy :jumpy
sigh. But I have no room for chicks and keeping them separated. I have to stay strong! hahaha Spring will be here soon enough. :confused:

a friend of mine had to put her RIR on diet as well. it helped with fertile eggs too.

Back
Top Bottom