Just as I got to the chickens this morning my husband called. He said Norbert (the breeder I got my chickens from) would give me first pick since Hannover has been cancelled if I was interested. My friend and also Sulmtaler breeder Eva was just on the way to pick up one of my roosters she wanted to purchase. So we both went to see Norbert and both of us bought 2 hens each.
Let me introduce you... my first breeding group 2022 . The rooster is the only one left of that group... and he got the brand new girls. So hopefully he will do well.

View attachment 2919116

good luck!

what did you do with the last year's breeder hens?

good luck!

what did you do with the last year's breeder hens?
I only kept 5 of them because I was not all that happy with some and their chicks. The older ones I butchered because they were getting too old. The 5 younger ones... who one day all decided one day to eat so much dirt that it impacted their crop. I have no idea why... but even the vet couldn't help without surgery. I decided against surgery.
At the moment I only have 1 rooster from last year... all the others are from this year. My plan is to keep more birds and rebreed in the following year.

In Holland there is a breeder named Martijn Sonder https://www.facebook.com/people/Martijn-Sonder/100012308385356/ or over instagram https://www.instagram.com/martijnscochinpoultry/ he has all kinds of bantam cochins...and other poultry. I know he ships to Germany... so maybe also to you.
I have bought bantam Cochin eggs from the NL, they came by truck. They hatched. They were much smaller in size than the bantam Cochins we have here (widely available).

@chickengr nothing on the Association website. I have sent them an email, since they don't have a phone number. No response, but I will call a friend who is a member and will let you know.

@chickengr I forgot to tell you. There are almost daily busses from Athens to Plovdiv or Airport Plovdiv (both close to where I live). The busses leave from str.Akominatu 34-36 OR some from Platia Kairazkaki. I won't be hatching until March next year though as I am supposed to be in Spain in February and there won't be anyone to take care of the chicks.
Oh... Anybody from Spain here??

@Shadrach lives in Spain. And if there are more active Spanish members he might now.
@chickengr I forgot to tell you. There are almost daily busses from Athens to Plovdiv or Airport Plovdiv (both close to where I live). The busses leave from str.Akominatu 34-36 OR some from Platia Kairazkaki. I won't be hatching until March next year though as I am supposed to be in Spain in February and there won't be anyone to take care of the chicks.
Oh... Anybody from Spain here??

@Silkie Princess bad news. There ARE daily busses between me and you, but I called the company and they said they absolutely don't take parcels (covid and other security reasons), not even envelopes with post cards... So we need a PERSON to transport them.

Thank you @BDutch ..let me guess..the other Spanish members are Meshach and Abednego 🙂🙂🙂
BDUtch, any chance of finding Silver Lakenfelder eggs in about 3 weeks? I have a truck coming from Freezland to my place and the driver will take eggs.

I have bought bantam Cochin eggs from the NL, they came by truck. They hatched. They were much smaller in size than the bantam Cochins we have here (widely available).

@chickengr nothing on the Association website. I have sent them an email, since they don't have a phone number. No response, but I will call a friend who is a member and will let you know.
How many eggs did you buy? And how many hatched? Could you please post some pics of the birds?

Back
Top Bottom