Pekin drake attacking me!!!

I'm definitely going to try this as my drake has been an ornery little toot lately. I thought maybe it was because he's still mourning the loss of his mate, and still traumatized by being chased by a coyote. We bought 2 more ducklings and we've tried introducing them to him, but he's a mean old cuss to them and drags them around by their still developing wings. Now that our rooster is gone, he tries mating w/ each of our hens, but he's still a mean old brat. I'll have to try the dominance thing and see if it works with him. Thanks for the tip!

If you have young ducklings and your drake is older, he could harm the ducklings. You might want to consider separating the older ones from the younger, not to scare you but the outcome could be deadly.
Also drakes mating with your chickens is not good and could result in the same outcome as stated above.

I am sure you are aware of this but I just wanted to state it in case you are not aware. Keep us posted on how your mean old cuss is treating you!

I'm learning so much from you Miss Lydia! My Pekin Jabby started snapping at my face this week - and it HURT! So I searched BYC duck forum and found this old post. IT WORKS! I have been straddling him several times a day, holding his head down and giving him air kisses on his head - i also whisper to him that I'm the top of the pecking order LOL. Not only has he stopped snapping at me, he seems to like me more. You are the greatest - I'm a better duck Mom b/c of you! :bow
I agree! That Miss Lydia is a pretty awesome teacher for us beginners!
So sweet of ya'll to say.:hugs I know this works because I had to use it on my drake and he is still awesome at almost 7 yrs old [just have to every once in a while remind him]

Back
Top Bottom