Pekin Duck Club!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DenverDucky, Feb 6, 2013.

1. waynec1955

waynec1955 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2013
    Munford, Alabama
    My four drakes free range night and day. I let my hens out during the day often.

2. Cassie Collins

Cassie Collins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2014
    Texas
    Can u guys post pics of your feeders & water containers. My duckies are getting big & the ones @ TSC are for beaks it seems, not bills :(.

3. waynec1955

waynec1955 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2013
    Munford, Alabama
    I use plastic dish pans for my grown ducks.

4. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Loving this country life Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Mountains of Western N.C.
    once ducklings are about grown usually 6-8 weeks mine get buckets I buy them at my grocery deli they are food safe. about 1 dollar a piece and they come in 1-2-3 gal.

5. Two Webbed Feet

Two Webbed Feet Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2014
    New Market, AL
    [​IMG]
    Modified waterer. My also have rubber bowls deep enough to dunk their heads. Mud not included - always add by my girls.

6. csling

csling Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2014
    Mansfield, Pa
    This is a temp home, they will be moving into a bigger brooder in just a couple weeks. I do have heat lamp setup for them but turn it off during the day because were their located stays very warm during the daytime. And I'm loving them so far!

7. Cassie Collins

Cassie Collins Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2014
    Texas
    :)! I was pleasantly surprised in how affectionate ducks can be & how vocal. I'm still trying to learn their ducky language, lol! I use unmedicated chick feed, chick grit (only for the last week), & I mix electrolytes & probiotics in their water. Be careful of pine chips bc some duckies will eat them. I don't know if any of this is helpful, but I hope so :).

8. csling

csling Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2014
    Mansfield, Pa
    Me too! these two calm right down when held and are very curious. come right to me whatever side of the brooder I come to [​IMG]
    All those things are helpful because I'm new to ducks and I want to do everything right by them as I do with all my animals! Luckily these two don't seem to bother the pine chips... they are more interested in water,food, waddling around and napping [​IMG]

9. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    I am still feeding my piggies.. no wait pekin [​IMG] at night, so switched to a 2GAL flat backed bucket and have a rubber bowl up on a block so they don't knock/tip it over.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Here i'll add an updated pic of my half dozen... Almost fully feathered.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by