Pekin Duck Club!

That's funny... you had me on one of the original lists a long time ago but I didn't make it on this one. My fault, I didn't PM you because I guess I assumed I was already on there.
smile.png

Hmm idk what happened there but I fixed it :)
will you pls add me ty
Welcome! I added you to the list I posted earlier :)

Hopefully I'm not too late to join this group.

Here's my brood of Pekins. Thanks to Gertie (mom) and Slappy (dad) we now have 14 babies
wee.gif
Not sure what I'm going to do with 14 babies! They are so cute tho.

newborn

Lunch time. Looks like one is hiding behind the swimming pool..

Wish I knew how to post a video.

Hopefully I'm not too late to join this group.

Here's my brood of Pekins. Thanks to Gertie (mom) and Slappy (dad) we now have 14 babies
wee.gif
Not sure what I'm going to do with 14 babies! They are so cute tho.

newborn

Lunch time. Looks like one is hiding behind the swimming pool..

Wish I knew how to post a video.
LOVE IT !!

My babies are in a giant Rubbermaid tub. What do you suggest for lining/bedding? I've been told to avoid anything small they might eat and then someone else said any wood shavings would be fine. I thought about maybe puppy potty training pads? so I've been playing it safe with old towels... But I'm out of towels and the are just so gross I'm not sure if I'm willing to put them in my washer... Advice?

My babies are in a giant Rubbermaid tub. What do you suggest for lining/bedding? I've been told to avoid anything small they might eat and then someone else said any wood shavings would be fine. I thought about maybe puppy potty training pads? so I've been playing it safe with old towels... But I'm out of towels and the are just so gross I'm not sure if I'm willing to put them in my washer... Advice?
Do NOT use cedar shaving please, they are poisonous. I use pine shavings in my tote bin that has a couple goslings and ducklings in it at the moment. I use thin layers of shavings, I resurface the shaving with fresh probubly 3x's a day. They will destroy any bedding you use lol. I would not do the puppy pads I can just see them getting soaked and the ducks eating the inside :(

I took a quick pic of my duck tote. Mine is 30 gallons.

Last edited:
I've heard that Pekins don't sit on their eggs, so I remove the egg every morning and refridgerate. Should I leave a couple in there? She doesn't seem to care at all about them.

When my babies are little, for the first couple weeks I use paper towels - easy to clean out and replace. Then, when I am more sure that they won't consume too much of the bedding, I use either pine shavings OR this bedding...
It's a pine crumble - I always use the pine crumble for my chicks too, especially silkies because they like to eat pine shavings.

Back
Top Bottom