Pekin duck egg day 29 HELP!!! Pleaseeeeeee!!!

So it's not making any progress at all but still alive? It has made an external hole though so it can breathe?
no progress but yes he has a good sized hole ao it can breath just like the last one had. This one is also a Cayuga/pekin mix man ol man lol

This pic isnt that great but its the best one i could get withouy fanning the bator to the left of the hole is where he started what looks to me like unzipping then he came back and made that hole bigger like it is now it was originally just a small normal pip

Im hoping he will come out on his own i really dont like helping them the egg itself is so dark you cant tell if there is any yoke left but the inner membrane is still good and wet so im not to worried as of yet the onlt thing im worried about is him not responding to sound or making any sound its so odd could he be deaf? Ive never heard of a deaf duck lol well or a chicken for that matter :love excuse my craziness lol trying to stay positive and light hearted about this one

How many hours since the first pip?

As long as he's still moving and doesn't look stuck to the membrane, I'd give him a chance to do it on his own. If the membrane starts drying out, it might be time to help peel off some off the air cell end.

Im hoping he will come out on his own i really dont like helping them the egg itself is so dark you cant tell if there is any yoke left but the inner membrane is still good and wet so im not to worried as of yet the onlt thing im worried about is him not responding to sound or making any sound its so odd could he be deaf? Ive never heard of a deaf duck lol well or a chicken for that matter :love excuse my craziness lol trying to stay positive and light hearted about this one

:thumbsup

How many hours since the first pip?

As long as he's still moving and doesn't look stuck to the membrane, I'd give him a chance to do it on his own. If the membrane starts drying out, it might be time to help peel off some off the air cell end.
at 12 today it will be 48 hours since first pip the membrane around him looks thick but it doesnt look like its drying out he does have a few down feathers starting to stick out around him like they are fluffing some it looks funny lol the membrand is still over his eyes but not his nostrils

at 12 today it will be 48 hours since first pip the membrane around him looks thick but it doesnt look like its drying out he does have a few down feathers starting to stick out around him like they are fluffing some it looks funny lol the membrand is still over his eyes but not his nostrils
Oh I'd have to sit on my hands so hard to wait. Hoping the lil one gets busy there.

Back
Top Bottom