Pekin with bumble foot

These are Rose's feet, she is a four year old blue swedish. She has a bill deformity.
This is her left foot.
20220515_104349(1).jpg

This is her right foot.
20220515_104408_HDR.jpg

Hopefully these pictures are good enough she doesn't have any issues with her feet for the most part.
I figured it would be good to get pictures of all the ducks feet.
I almost think I should make a different thread for some of them though, I don't want anyone missing things or getting confused because of the other ducks stuff being on this thread, let me know if you think it would be better to make separate threads for the other ducks that might need their feet treated for bumble foot or anything.

Good job with the pictures! First of all, are you wanting to treat everyone at the same time or treat the worst ones first and maybe tend to one or two ducks at a time? Angelina's looks the worst and both of her feet need attention, so I think you'd agree that she should be first in the treatment line. If I was in your shoes, I would make my first goal getting her started with treatments. Once you get the hang of the steps, wrapping and you start to see improvements, you can add either Duck or Chiharu, whichever one you feel like is more in need of treatment. The longer an infection like this lingers, the higher chance of bone erosion. This can be another factor in helping you determine how to prioritize each bird.

Good job with the pictures! First of all, are you wanting to treat everyone at the same time or treat the worst ones first and maybe tend to one or two ducks at a time? Angelina's looks the worst and both of her feet need attention, so I think you'd agree that she should be first in the treatment line. If I was in your shoes, I would make my first goal getting her started with treatments. Once you get the hang of the steps, wrapping and you start to see improvements, you can add either Duck or Chiharu, whichever one you feel like is more in need of treatment. The longer an infection like this lingers, the higher chance of bone erosion. This can be another factor in helping you determine how to prioritize each bird.
I was thinking of treating the ones with the worst of it first.
Angelina is definitely top priority, and then Duck is next.
After treating them I might treat two or three ducks at a time, it depends on how well I am able to do Angelina and Duck.

The two main reasons why I haven't started treating Angelina's feet yet is #1 I don't know where or what kind of area Angelina has to be in after she gets her feet all wrapped up.
#2 I don't have a bucket to soak her in yet there are plenty of things I can use I just haven't decided which one to use or some of them really need to be cleaned before using it to soak their feet in.

These are Harus feet, he is a four year old Cayuga drake. He is Chiharu and Totoro's son.

His left foot.
20220515_104446(2).jpg

This is his right foot.
20220515_104513_HDR.jpg

Totoro's feet are coming up next, I forgot to mention that I was going to post pictures of the last two ducks feet.

These are Totoro's feet, she is a 8 or 9 year old cayuga.

This is her left foot.
20220515_104542_HDR.jpg

This is her right foot.
20220515_104559_HDR.jpg

That is all of the ducks feet.
Totoro walks alright, I don't know how long exactly most of them have had the bumble foot for.

Attachments

• 20220515_104558_HDR.jpg
    20220515_104558_HDR.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 1
I am thinking I might start soaking Angelina's feet or at least figure things out a couple weeks from now I hope I can muster of the confidence to try actually figuring out what to do, it's hard cause I don't want to waste anything such as wraps and things.

If not a couple weeks even a few days from now.
Will this thing be good to keep her in during the day?
20220514_120952.jpg
I can put wood shavings or something to make the ground soft on the bottom although I don't know how long wood shavings would stay in it especially with the wind we've been having, today has been REALLY REALLY WINDY the wind blew small pebbles and dirt at my face a lot today. The grass clippings/grass I grabbed with my hands, seem to stay in it okay so I think it won't be to big a deal. A day or a few hours after I "cut" the grass it dries up and becomes dead.

If the chicken wire cage frame thing wouldn't be suitable would this work during the day its big enough to sort of comfortably fit Angel and Chiharu in at night. I will have to get pictures of them in it and and a pic of Angelina in it so I will go out there here in a few and put her in it and get photos so you can see how big it is I don't know the dimensions of anything I have for my chickens and ducks.
20220513_191357.jpg

The chicken in the playpen passed the day I took this picture R.I.P Ethel she was 9 give or take.

The chicken wire cage thing had Chiharu and Angel in it during the day when the time of crazy drakes started (crazy drakes=worried duck mom and figuring out how to separate said crazy drakes).
And at night Angel and Chiharu are still kept in the playpen (crazy drakes stopped fighting so nobody's locked up in anything during the day)....
Angel and Chiharu are in the playpen at night so there's more space in the coop for everyone else. And it's good for Angel cause her feathers are in bad condition cause of Haru mostly but the other ducks too. Chiharu is sort of a gentlemen he doesn't pick on Angels feathers as much as Haru if he does at all he's also the oldest duck so.... he's not super crazy.

And Angel has been walking sooo much better this week so much better it brings tears of joy to my eyes seeing her walk... It's not so nice when she walks away from me cause I thought she was my best friend:( oh well I don't mind I am glad she is able to chose a little easier weather or not she wants to be near me.

Here are the photos of them in the playpen and chicken wire cage.
Playpen with no one in it.
20220519_184238_HDR.jpg
20220519_184250_HDR.jpg

The chicken wire cage, with the dirty Angelina in it.
20220519_184612.jpg

Angelina in the playpen.
20220519_184606.jpg

Angel in the playpen.
20220519_185508_HDR.jpg

Angel and Chiharu in the playpen.
20220519_185542_HDR.jpg

So would the playpen be better or would the chicken wire cage be better and for what times would the playpen be okay for Angelina to be kept in. The chicken wire cage is not predator proof so I can't keep anyone in it at night.

Attachments

• 20220519_185103.jpg
    20220519_185103.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220519_185105.jpg
    20220519_185105.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 1
I got some durvet vitamin b complex for Angel today!
What is the best kind of "treat" to put the complex on to give to Angel?

I am so happy that I can finally give her some b complex she has had lots of improvement being on the all flock feed these last two or three months now but it's been slow progress with the all flock I hope that her walking issues are just from not having enough niacin and that once she no longer has issues from niacin def that she can walk properly.

I am going to make a thread specifically for Angel!

Back
Top Bottom