Pekin with bumblefoot

This is what I looks like as of this afternoon. One of my family members keeps letting her out of the cage, so she's now limping on the OTHER LEG (grrrr...) after having "funky time" with a drake a few days ago. Since then, she's been lying down more, too, to rest her foot. That foot appears normal, and I can't feel any obvious swelling or heat. The scab is getting smaller, and the swelling doesn't visibly look smaller, but it doesn't feel as thick/hard if that makes sense. I've been cleaning her foot everyday and applying Neosporin. We stopped doing epsom salt soaks because she was limping on the other leg and we were scared she would injure herself further while trying to fight us. So, is opening it again something that should be done (especially since the other leg seems to be bothering her now?) I have been adding poultry cell to her water daily, too, and the limping seems to be getting better until said family member (who I've talked to multiple times), lets her out again and she runs around. Also, if I were to open it again, I know people give aspirin to take the edge off...does anyone happen to know the dose? And where would I get a scalpel? I feel so defeated with the whole thing, and my family is refusing to take her to a vet with the virus going on.

Attachments

• Quackers5-5(2).JPG
    Quackers5-5(2).JPG
    431 KB · Views: 3
  • Quackers5-5.JPG
    Quackers5-5.JPG
    489.1 KB · Views: 3
This is what I looks like as of this afternoon. One of my family members keeps letting her out of the cage, so she's now limping on the OTHER LEG (grrrr...) after having "funky time" with a drake a few days ago. Since then, she's been lying down more, too, to rest her foot. That foot appears normal, and I can't feel any obvious swelling or heat. The scab is getting smaller, and the swelling doesn't visibly look smaller, but it doesn't feel as thick/hard if that makes sense. I've been cleaning her foot everyday and applying Neosporin. We stopped doing epsom salt soaks because she was limping on the other leg and we were scared she would injure herself further while trying to fight us. So, is opening it again something that should be done (especially since the other leg seems to be bothering her now?) I have been adding poultry cell to her water daily, too, and the limping seems to be getting better until said family member (who I've talked to multiple times), lets her out again and she runs around. Also, if I were to open it again, I know people give aspirin to take the edge off...does anyone happen to know the dose? And where would I get a scalpel? I feel so defeated with the whole thing, and my family is refusing to take her to a vet with the virus going on.
Does anyone have any advice?

Have you already pulled the scab off once? Looks pretty swollen you may have to get that scab off and try and get the pus out. Pus will be thick yellowish. Then you’ll need to pack it with neo and wrap till healed

Have you already pulled the scab off once? Looks pretty swollen you may have to get that scab off and try and get the pus out. Pus will be thick yellowish. Then you’ll need to pack it with neo and wrap till healed
This would be the 4th time...I haven't found the actual kernel during any of them.

Back
Top Bottom