Pen G Procaine dose?

The bottle is labeled for cattle and swine? Other species may vary.

-Kathy

Yes, labeled for large livestock, but the same concentration as what you referenced above.  I looked at the avian resources you posted above and I cannot find duration of treatment.  Have you come across any specific info on that?

I have not found that info.

-Kathy

I have not found that info.

-Kathy

OK thanks.  I am so accustomed in medical thinking that an antibiotic is for 3 days, 5 days, 10 days, etc.  I think I'll go with the 100 mg / kg every 2 days for my tom, and see how he's doing after a couple doses and go from there.

Not positive, but I think I remember giving it for longer than four days when I gave it to horses.

-Kathy

@amynrichie , what wrong with your Tom?

-Kathy
He's had ongoing bumble foot issues, but is lame up into his leg with some swelling. His scales are lifted, and I was originally thinking leg mites. I treated for that, but no improvement. and the right leg is worse than the left. I was thinking of ordering the tricide neo that some people use as a foot soak, but the pen g is available and cheaper. It's really hard to get a good foot soak on him, but I CAN catch him long enough to get an injection in.

Just curious what you ended up doing with your Tom? I have a hen that also has ongoing bumble foot. I have treated it twice with removing the bumble. I just can't get it all....so, I'm thinking it will be easier to try Pen G IM. Did it work for your Tom?

Just curious what you ended up doing with your Tom? I have a hen that also has ongoing bumble foot. I have treated it twice with removing the bumble. I just can't get it all....so, I'm thinking it will be easier to try Pen G IM. Did it work for your Tom?

I'm so sorry I missed your post. I am retreating my Tom now. I think I may not have completely healed him last fall.

Back
Top Bottom