Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture agent @ local farmers market...

Quote:
I agree that a farmers market is not a grocery store but it is part of our food chain and needs to meet certain standards. What would you say about a farmers market if you or someone you knows got sick from improperly handled/stored/transported fruits or veggies? Perhaps you can find a dairy that is milking for cheese production and get milk there. They are held to a lower standard and yet are quite safe. I suggest saying you are looking to buy milk for a bottle calf/goat.
I have a garden and can get all the raw/ungraded produce I want to plant, weed, and harvest. Sounds like you want what you want but prefer to buy it rather than raise it.

Oh I raise all I want but I'm speaking in what ifs. I have the privilege of being able to because of where I live an the land I own. I'm talking about people that live in apartments or have no yard or have anti farming laws. They should have the right to buy raw/ungraded.

Farmers markets are not supposed to be part of the national food supply. Farmers markets were set up to extend of off the farm sales as a alternative to the national food supply network to those people. So people in the city have these more natural alternatives if the chose. They were meant to be regulated just like off the farm sales, not like grocery stores..

If you impose regulation on these like the grocery store has then you will shut most of them down over time.

Here in this state they have just about put the small farmer completely out of business an you almost never see a farmers market. Its a crime to sell your extra eggs to even your next door neighbor. Its also a crime to sell raw milk to any one anywhere.

Over regulating is killing this country for the sake of safety. The problem is that you will never be safe enough so we will keep adding more regulations an taking away more rights till we have none.

What bothers me in this country is how freely people are willing to give up there rights that so many people have died for us to have them an keep them. They gave up there safety an died for you to have those rights an we throw those rights away to feel safe.

What you describe of what is happening is a European mindset as a result of European Union Law influence in American culture.. I do agree with you.
Quote:
I agree that a farmers market is not a grocery store but it is part of our food chain and needs to meet certain standards. What would you say about a farmers market if you or someone you knows got sick from improperly handled/stored/transported fruits or veggies? Perhaps you can find a dairy that is milking for cheese production and get milk there. They are held to a lower standard and yet are quite safe. I suggest saying you are looking to buy milk for a bottle calf/goat.
I have a garden and can get all the raw/ungraded produce I want to plant, weed, and harvest. Sounds like you want what you want but prefer to buy it rather than raise it.

Oh I raise all I want but I'm speaking in what ifs. I have the privilege of being able to because of where I live an the land I own. I'm talking about people that live in apartments or have no yard or have anti farming laws. They should have the right to buy raw/ungraded.

Farmers markets are not supposed to be part of the national food supply. Farmers markets were set up to extend of off the farm sales as a alternative to the national food supply network to those people. So people in the city have these more natural alternatives if the chose. They were meant to be regulated just like off the farm sales, not like grocery stores..

If you impose regulation on these like the grocery store has then you will shut most of them down over time.

Here in this state they have just about put the small farmer completely out of business an you almost never see a farmers market. Its a crime to sell your extra eggs to even your next door neighbor. Its also a crime to sell raw milk to any one anywhere.

Over regulating is killing this country for the sake of safety. The problem is that you will never be safe enough so we will keep adding more regulations an taking away more rights till we have none.

What bothers me in this country is how freely people are willing to give up there rights that so many people have died for us to have them an keep them. They gave up there safety an died for you to have those rights an we throw those rights away to feel safe.

Last edited:
Quote:

It's a conspiracy. The Europeans are taking over the country. It started with the Geico commercials. You know Warren Buffet owns Geico. Pretty soon we'll have all their laws over here. Yikes.

If you want to change the subject to aliens or Pearl Harbor or maybe even History books then I will talk conspiracy with yall. But in general Im staying out of that one.

I do think we as a people an our elected officials fail to look at the big picture. Its always about what makes the upset people happy right now.

Last edited:
To the OP when you stand for your rights or anything be prepared for what you bite off you may have to chew it. I do not agree with all crusades but I do admire their tenacity.

Quote:
They do look at the big picture. Then they do whatever they think will keep them in office as long as possible. It has nothing to do with whats good for America. The people that actually make the difference base their votes on sound bites. Sound bites are purchased with campaign contributions. He with the biggest campaign coffer almost always wins.

Some politicians do actually care. Not enough though. It's all about power.

Quote:

It's a conspiracy. The Europeans are taking over the country. It started with the Geico commercials. You know Warren Buffet owns Geico. Pretty soon we'll have all their laws over here. Yikes.

Troll much? Very rude to make-fun of peoples beliefs...

Last edited:
Quote:
They do look at the big picture. Then they do whatever they think will keep them in office as long as possible. It has nothing to do with whats good for America. The people that actually make the difference base their votes on sound bites. Sound bites are purchased with campaign contributions. He with the biggest campaign coffer almost always wins.

Some politicians do actually care. Not enough though. It's all about power.

AGREE !!! And the "POWER" extends FAR BEYOND the Legislature. For instance, Gary Johnson, former NM Governor and the FIRST Candidate to "declare" for the Presidential Slot on the Republican ticket...has been overlooked (nay...ignored) repeatedly.... because he is "not one of the "crowd"....(meaning? "Can't be bought?"........._)

It's disgusting and certainly NOT "Representative Government".

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Quote:

Troll much? Very rude to make-fun of peoples beliefs...

what beliefs did they make fun of?im not seeing it.....

Back
Top Bottom