Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. sharron

sharron Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    scottdale pa
    SALLY, SALLLLY, WAKE UP,their going to open the brahma thread again, they got a smack on the hand and told to play nice[​IMG]

2. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop

3. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    I need an opinion, and I know some people on here have those.
    I am in love with a 4-gallon waterer from Meyer Hatchery. It has a spout thingy so you fill it from the top, twist the little handle, and the water will come out. It is great for topping the water off, staying dry while refilling water in the winter, and if I should fall on the ice, the water won't spill out. I was all geared up to order it until I saw that S/H was $22 for a $28 item.
    The alternative is to get a 3.5 gallon one from TSC that doesn't have a shut off, and fills like the other stupid waterers. $24 plus gas.
    DH and I thought we would ride out (as in on the Harley) when we are in Ohio in June, but I am NOT waiting six months! So... Pay the S/H and be really happy, or get a bigger waterer at TSC, and be glad to at least have enough water for a few days?

4. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

I * thought* I saw one at tsc you could fill/top off, but I think it was around $38. I hate to pay almost as much in shipping as an item costs.
    I personally use smaller waterer because my Coop is unheated so there is the ice issue anyway.

5. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Blarney...curious what conclusion you had with all of us not liking crowds ????

Penta...glad you are back..hopefully all of your negative things will pass, your duckies look alot like mine and they may very well be blue swedish..
    [​IMG]

Opinions.....no not us.....

I have a similar waterer and hate it..[​IMG] within a couple of weeks I broke off the little rubber knob on the bottom so now I need to hold my finger over the hole any time I take the lid off, which by the way can be very hard to take off with my bad hands....

future mealworm farmers....I suggest you read a few of the threads on here you will quickly realize how differently everyone does it......for instance...I have never used a lid and never had escapees, and I do not sift.....I keep it as simple as possible or else I wouldn't do it...

Not sure what it is but I feel a lazy day coming on....

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Thanks, I think everyone is scared to post LOL

I pledge as a Breeder of Misfits to continue posting every single misfit I hatch and every egg I sell... he he he

7. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Okay gonna try to remember all and do it in one.

Yep vertically challenged joke..yellow brick road lol

Bruce got the puter back up and all and ended up in the hospital and could be there for a at least 2 wks. Which is why I I said about thoughts and prayers.

Glad ya'll had fun at the FS. Blarney was texting me.

Wing...you know you love the banter lol.

Penta...Awesome! Your getting a coup!!!! And your lil Janese is getting big!

Gonna order some marans eggs and wanna find some wellies. Once Bruce is out I wanna be able to fix him up with some wellies and such.

Local Lebanon/Hershey/Hsbg people...Has anyone put anything on the Co-op store in Palmyra yet? Or been in it?

8. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Hey Wing.............

9. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Co-op store in Palmyra? I have no knowledge of it. What is it?

10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Mealworms ~ FAIL attempt here : ( I think because this house doesnt have central anything I couldnt control humidity so they did stink and they did get moldy and we did everything we were told, except no one told us to not put a lid on them!! I was so worried after reading how terrible Mold is, any kind of mold is for chickens I threw them all in the woods!! perhaps no lid would work!! Below this pic of when the kids started theirs is a pic and link from my pinterest board... love the drawer idea!!

[​IMG]

backyardchickens.com
    [​IMG]

MEAL WORMS 4 CHICKENS!!! Meal worm farming - Top drawer for pupae and beetles. I cut the bottom out of the drawer and hot glued screening so that when the eggs hatch, the small worms will fall into the second drawer.

backyardchickens.com
    [​IMG]

How to raise mealworms (Tenebrio molitor) THE ONE CONTAINER EASY METHOD!!! The one we started!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by