Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    [​IMG]

Today's eggs, AND if you look in the center of the flower on the right....Ta Dah!! My first Olive Egg!

2. troyer

troyer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2012
    My spangled cubalayas.
    [​IMG]

3. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Praying for her.

I'm from Jersey...we know how to hide the bodies.
    We are knowledgable like that. I didn't know where to bury a dog (vet didn't provide that service), and a couple looked at me funny, and said, "I thought you were from New Jersey?" This time it was legal to bury the body. I just didn't have a back yard!

So glad I use the mill's fresh milled, not prepackaged! Ditto. TY for the post, though!

4. heatherscooby77

heatherscooby77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2012
    Grantville, PA
    Your Welcome!!! I only had 27 dozen ;)

5. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Yesterday I went a 90+ mile ccccccold MC ride, then jumped in the car to get supplies for a run. They had seven of the connectors I needed. I went to six hardware stores, and no one had them. I will just have to make do. I also bought a net for the top of the run. I see that others were talking about them. I hope it works as well as you all say!
    I moved the chicks out to the back sun room about a week ago due to stench (I had just changed the litter again. It was time!) and tonight I moved them outside to the ... Well, quarantine "area".
    [​IMG] The brooder was placed on the bottom landing with the heat lamp above it, and all but the feather footed bantam began flying around. The Cochin (I will assume for now) I put in the brooder to make her feel more secure. She kept trying to fly out, but couldn't make it. A few hours later everyone was on the center landing, perching towards the edge, figuring out positions. I assume they are warm enough since they are not too close to the lamp. I am also thinking that I someone managed to get two pullet bantams. [​IMG]
    Now I have to make 100% sure DH follows through with a new coop for my birthday.
    If not, I found a place with "rent to own" coops and sheds. Pricey, but I will make him see my way... I hope.[​IMG]
    Anyone else (not!) looking forward to cleaning multiple coops over the next week as the weather warms up?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  6. MButerbaugh

MButerbaugh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2012
    Fisherlady,
    i can't remember what you told me that you use in the bins for the meal worms.... Hoping to get them started ASAP how long did it take for them to start multiplying? Thanks!!

Michele

7. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah.. I wish feed was more trusted >.<
    My one scovie LOVES me.. She was superly handled by the person before me who owned her. She will yack at you until she gets petted so her name is yacky!
    Let me know when swaps happen!! I may not have much to swap but I would love to meet people!!!
    Where are you around in NEPA?

8. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    22 miles from Bloomsburg, PA.

9. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

SilkieSensation Where are you located? What kind of calls are you selling? I maybe interested...

10. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    Might be interested in some of the adults. PM me with prices please.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by