Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL! Thank You! I am resting, and now afraid of heights! LOL!!
  2. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    [​IMG] Red just attacked me a few more times. I know rain makes him uneasy, and I don't doubt the wind is putting him on edge. He MAY have seen the shininess of my cell phone ( I was talking to DH when I entered the run). He only flew to knee level, he got my shin, I kicked my leg out, he came again, I kicked him this time (not hard. Don't worry). He came into the nesting room, to see what I was doing, then left. When I was leaving, he ran out the door 9he has never done that before) and got me again. I shut the door, and caught his tail, he got loose, and tried again. Then I used the rake (which I keep handy [​IMG]) to get him in. He was mad enough to fight the rake, but I was using the back of it, and just pushed him along until he was in.
    When you look at the learning center, it says if you are terrified of your rooster, get rid of it. I am not terrified. I just know he goes crazy sometimes. I also know he cannot be trusted with children. It then says carry him around.
    My question is, do I ...
    A. Kill him
    B. Try once more
    C. Keep doing it as necessary
    D. Do it once a week no matter what
  3. LittleMissPurdy

LittleMissPurdy Chillin' With My Peeps

getting more water...electric co. just called..[​IMG], hope everyone is ready for this you..i am definitely looking that over!
  4. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Come spring I will have some GLW and some SLW crosses.
  5. angelchix

angelchix Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2012
    Karns City, PA
    I think the top picture does, does he pose like the japanese bantams, proud chest in the air? That is typical of them and they crow like a squeek toy, it sounds like eeee o
  6. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    We know who you are lol Welcome back around.
  7. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Hi! I've seen you hanging around. We really don't bite! Well maybe some ..[​IMG]
  8. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    Hoping everyone stays safe up there!
  9. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    Pentamam,,,,,,OUCH !!!!
    Angelchix,,,,Yes he struts with his chest puffed out, it's kind of funny with him being so small
    Motorcyclechick...I have never had any luck turning roosters around after they started that...for me 3 strikes and they are out.

I have never had any of my orp's go broody, but the 3 silkies spend more time broody than egg laying, I ended up building extra nest boxes just for the broodies.
  10. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 23, 2012
    My Coop
    Chickens all tucked in, fed and watered ready for a long stay in their coops, Tons of containers & 55 gal drums filled with water for us and the critters, coal brought in, generator ready, cupboards filled, gas tanks all full.
    Only thing I am debating is worring about the eggs in the bator or just consider them a loss....[​IMG]and loss of cash [​IMG]

Stay safe everyone, I will be on tonight at least until the satelite looses signal.... and when the dish goes for TV its bedtime!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by