Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. missydcpc

missydcpc Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2011
    South-Central PA
    My sister is actually terrified of them turning her power back on, since the power company can't get down the dirt road next to her house to remove the tree that is on the line. Her neighbors are being nits about it. They just want their power back on, don't care that power coming through the line will set her house on fire. Guess the good news is that when public works comes to move the barrier for power company, they'll see the idiots across the street have a mini-horse in their front yard! Poor horse has no room to move about and they never take it off the property. Idjits.

2. patrickschick

patrickschick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Dog had a collar with no tags, dog had a chip evidently. Wardens couldn't find the chip, but she had the paperwork for it. She was young compared to the photos I have seen online. Roughly large shepard size.

3. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    I usta work clearing the lines for the power company. Our biggest obstacle wasn't the trees. It was the homeowners that refused to shut their generators down while we worked on their line. Generators create back feed and that makes a dead line HOT. So please...anyone that has someone come knock on their door and asked to shut the generator off, PLEASE do it so they can get you back online. They want to get home to their families after this too. Ok. That's my Public Service message of the day lol

4. patrickschick

Aug 7, 2012
    Myerstown,PA
    Okay so I had a couple of those this week. 1. Please contain your dogs and be a responsible pet owner. 2. Please do not fight with the guys trying to put your power back in. They just don't want to be electrocuted trying to get you back in power.

5. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    gosh , I go to work and get some sleep and all of you get chatty...
    Thanks for the marans info, I am not looking to breed show qua;ity birds but if I am going to get certain breeds I would like to know they are quality ones, I have all winter to study up on the breeds. also looking to add russian orloff's, iowa blues and hubby wants buckeye's
    Chad I keep forgetting to tell you that the fake grass did not work, they just keep kicking it out, don't think they like the feel of it..let us all know how it goes with the owners of that dog, I had newfoundlands so I do know a little about the big breeds, and let me tell you they can be destructive when not properly trained, I spent a fortune training them and training myself. but when properly trained they really are gentle giants, you came across one that was not. If need be I am sure I can come up with the receipt for the rooster you got.

6. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

Sally.... take a black sharpie and write your name and # in the collar.

7. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa
    Just happy to hear it didn't get you I know first hand how much damage a dog bite can do! Worked as a vet assistant for 8 yrs and had my fair share and a dog that size could've taken you out! I'm not trying to say the owners didn't train her right but you also have to remember it was a horrible storm going through and crazy weather can make a dog go crazy!! Mothernature is funny about that and you should always keep a watchful eye on any dog when there is crazy weather any dog no matter breed or training can flip a switch if they feel their lives are threatened!! Kindda feel bad for the dog cause they look like really neat dogs but wouldn't have wanted to be in the situation you were chad!! Like I said just happy to hear you and your girls are ok!! Sounds like the dogs owners are cooperating well which is great would suck to have to fight about this too!! Good luck with it alll and as we all know no Amy of money can replace those you lost! Did the one you have in your profile pic make it? I know she is one of your favorites!! (hope so)

8. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA

Glad you are ok Brownie! Have fun at the craft show!

9. wingstone

wingstone Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2012
    mount joy, pennsylvania
    anyone got a remedy for a sinus infection that does not include doctors ???

10. Lilbrownie

Lilbrownie Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2012
    Berks County Pa

Thanks, not looking forward to it cause I have NOTHiNG ready not having power for so many days has me set back but atleast we only lost power we were lucky and didn't loose everything like so many and I keep reminding myself of this when I complain even a little!! We still have all our family member and my house! Feel so bad for those who have lost so much! Did you guys get anything out your way?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by