Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LeBlackbird, Sep 24, 2009.

1. BullChick

BullChick Not who you think Premium Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Coffee shop
    Kagross, welcome! Good luck with those numbers! I am willing to bet you have twenty within the first week!
    Pentamom, Dumor. I am told it is Purina. I got it once, but I get so many Purina coupons, I save by using Purina. Any pipping yet?
  2. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
    And just what are you looking at???

Don't let the "stink eye" fool you, Mimsy is the sweetest girl in the coop. But you will never get her to admit that!! She is so docile, I had to put her in with the silkies because the other bantams were picking on her!

It is hard to get a good picture of her because she is always so close to me and so curious about what I am doing.

Here is my only other LF, who also lives with the silkies. This is my JG, Duchess.

So thankful to motorcyclechick for allowing me to have both of these girls!
  3. Blarneyeggs

Blarneyeggs Overrun With Chickens

Oct 22, 2011
    Southeast PA
    kagross: Welcome! Getting an early start on your research, huh? Good man!

Lilbrownie: I too would like news of the Lebanon club.

PentaMom: I was at TSC today too! Did you bring your 10% off coupon? Bought as much food as I could! And a wagon for the grandsons.

BayM, you keep making me laugh!

Buterbaugh, you need a shot gun and a beer to complete the rocking chair picture.

Wingstone and Motorcycle, Feel Better!
  4. mama2my4

mama2my4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2012
    Julian, PA
  5. GoldDogsMom

GoldDogsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Indiana, PA
    Sally Sunshine,

Wow, with all the posts here it's hard to follow...Thanks for your response!
    So coop is an 8x8 shed with 14 chickens in it-

10x16 run, free range late afternoon

ALWAYS food and water! ( and seed blocks in run as well as seasonal veggies-right now they get pumpkins which really keeps them occupied)

Check constantly for sign of them

No heat in coop so definitely not too warm and decent ventilation...

Plenty of roost space inside and space for roosting during day in the run

I give extra BOSS every afternoon as well as mealworms for added protein

Here's the thing, I thought I had singled out the plucker and rehomed her-still plucking going on-added 3 new hens-no change-added a rooster AND

the girls who were being plucked are ALL growing their feathers back now it's the younger girls getting plucked

Question-could this actually be an injury from the rooster mounting her? She and her 2 sisters are his favorites...

I didn't remove her (I observed them until dusk and no one seemed to notice that she was hurt) and she looks fine today-no blood and no additional injury.
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  6. Pentamom

Pentamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Ah! That's the name! LOL! You can get coupons?! Awesome! I was hoping to get more organic type feed, but for now, this will do. I have yet the time to research food and keeping my chickens organic. I have a lot of people who want to buy eggs....

Question: Can I ship eggs to people in NJ for them to eat? If so, what is the best way to do that??

No pipping yet! I keep looking, I'm so impatient! LOL!!!
  7. Pentamom

OMG, I love them!!
  8. chiques chicks

chiques chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome! And be careful, it always starts with four or five (then ten..... Or twenty.... Or??????)!
  9. Pentamom

10. PAchickengirl

PAchickengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2012
    Central Pennsylvania

I got one in the mail. Haven't used it yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by