Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

I also use the bedding from the coops in my garden. I pile it up through the winter then spread it over the garden and til it into the soil. During the summer I spread the bedding between the rows which does help to choke out weeds. I find I don't barefoot garden like I used to
hmm.png
but I get great results especially the jalapenos and tomatoes!

Psh. I find it to be CLEANER to walk on the bedding than to walk on the bare soil. Before we started using bedding, my feet were always BLACK, and I'd have to wash up every time I played in the garden. That kind of thing is EXACTLY why there's the wash cloth rule... Use the wash cloth for your body, legs and arms, use your hands only to wash your face, feet and umm, nether region.

My tomatoes were like HEDGES! I never got anything off of them though, because everybody could still reach every last tomato on those darn plants.

Last edited:
round-up is also good for that too, but poisonous...be careful
WOAH WOAH WOAH., Sorry had to break in here.....Spectracide is good. Round up is the safest herbicide you can use. It dissapates within an hour of applying. You do not use it before a rain otherwise it will wash away. If it gets in water it will not kill fish. It is a specific herbicide and only an herbicide. Spectricide contains bromine which kills fast\, but can have long term effects taht can be bad having animals

oh my gosh! I think I'll stick to the heritage breeds, 45-60 pounds of turkey is too much turkey for this girl
lol.png

On a different note, Rory is quite enjoying the inside weather
roll.png
House chickens these days

Aww...nice to see Im not the only one with a silkie inside....
pop.gif

WOAH WOAH WOAH., Sorry had to break in here.....Spectracide is good. Round up is the safest herbicide you can use. It dissapates within an hour of applying. You do not use it before a rain otherwise it will wash away. If it gets in water it will not kill fish. It is a specific herbicide and only an herbicide. Spectricide contains bromine which kills fast\, but can have long term effects taht can be bad having animals
thats why I said Bad stuff!, but sometimes if you are having an issue w/ bad plants...(we had poison oak&ivy growing from the neighbors unkept mess to our yard)..I know about the Keep away from animals thing...definitely don't want them around for awhile, I wasn't sure in what application MC was needing it for...just need to get rid of some grass...or have some weeds in the garden...really don't wan to use spectracide in the garden, Like Chad said, stays for awhile.
big_smile.png

Haha I love how they look, so standofish and angry but they're so little
lol.png
Ko shamo are actually a completely different breed than Shamo are. Ko Shamo are japan's "Bantam shamo" but they are generally accepted as an entirely different breed and finding legit stock is far and few in between. So, in Europe at least, Ko Shamo are a true bantam breed. I'm not sure how they judge them in the US. All I know is that I love them to pieces

Here are some, They are little birds. None of these are mine, Google images stuff
big_smile.png

(No idea who this is, but you can get an idea how small they are)

In any sense, I'm looking at this >>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-KO-Shamo-...305?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item232784d5f1

It's someone in Georgia. They have adult birds available too, but they'll probably also be very pricey, especially with shipping piled on top.
There was a breeder down your way that had the shamos for sale a while back on CL. $30/ea just to move them.

Back
Top Bottom