Pennsylvania!! Unite!!

Hey all! From Southeast PA in Chester County (Glenmoore to be specific!)

Is anyone able to give this boy a home?

Maple is a Lavendar Ameraucana rooster who was supposed to be a hen… and unfortunately because he’s a rooster, we can’t keep him as we aren’t allowed to have roosters here. (Not to mention we don’t have the capability to care for him if he needed to be separated as he crows away from his hens and would upset my neighbors with that!) He was born May 30th - so he's just coming up to a year old right now and in the throes of Rooberty. I wish I could say he wasn’t aggressive (I’ve heard they calm down around a year) but even though we handled him every day and he can be the sweetest snuggler, he does have his moments and has tried to attack my kiddos (and occasionally adults). So this is a concern with young children especially. In the past I have just picked him up and walked him around and he will calm down – that has worked for me. Maple was rehomed about 2 months ago, but unfortunately it isn’t a good fit for him as this family also has a young child, so we need to find a new home for this boy.

Maple needs a home where he can be his rooster self. He’s a wonderful protector and provider for his hens, and he will let you hold and snuggle him too! He would be a great fit for those that do not have young children, but whom will also have patience for him. We love him dearly and would love to see him go to a good home – it’s heartbreaking for us as we are very attached! We would love to find a him a home that will not turn him into soup or cull him. ((In fact, if there is ANY possible way we could even come visit once in awhile, we would so appreciate that – as I said my children and myself truly love him, he has been like our “dog” in a sense. But of course, we understand if that is not possible.)

I’m so sad because I’m feeling desperate to find this boy a forever home that won’t put him down and I’m running out of time. Is anyone interested?
I had a lavender cuckoo English Orpington who was gorgeous and friendly . I ended up going to the Kennett Square Farmers Market and asking all sellers of local eggs if they needed a roo. I found a lovely family farm with a huge flock of production reds who had an elderly roo. They used a mobile coop and movable chicken fencing and had acres and acres. I went there and place Laurence in the flock myself and watched him interact with the old roo--there were more than enough hens and space for them. He was not going to be in contact with kids, and had a job. It was the best I could do. The local Farmer's Markets are out in force--give it a try!

I had a lavender cuckoo English Orpington who was gorgeous and friendly . I ended up going to the Kennett Square Farmers Market and asking all sellers of local eggs if they needed a roo. I found a lovely family farm with a huge flock of production reds who had an elderly roo. They used a mobile coop and movable chicken fencing and had acres and acres. I went there and place Laurence in the flock myself and watched him interact with the old roo--there were more than enough hens and space for them. He was not going to be in contact with kids, and had a job. It was the best I could do. The local Farmer's Markets are out in force--give it a try!
Thank you, I may try that!

I’m in S. Lanc. Cty. and have some chicken items for sale.

A feeder 37.75Lx6.5 Wx4H
Nesting box 41.5Lx13.5Dx13.75H
Nesting box 44.5Lx15Dx16H
Brooder box 65Lx30.25Wx16H with a feeder insert for the box.

Feeder or Nesting boxes $4/each and brooder w/feeder $10.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    827.2 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    644.6 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    642.9 KB · Views: 6
Hello, and welcome to the new folks! I'm never sure who's new or not, since I'm such an inconsistent BYC-er myself. (It's not you, it's me - I pretty much suck at any kind of social media.) But welcome! This is a terrific community!

Congrats to him, and to you! I don't know what all those awards and decorations mean, but they look mighty impressive!

The majority of the metals he's wearing are from PMEA music festivals from over his high school years (district and regional chorus and band) and he has 4 swim pins, one for each year he lettered in swim. The two cords he's wearing are for theater and music (marching band, chorus etc), the yellow sash is from having a GPA of 92 or higher all through high school. I THINK the meal around his neck is honor roll but in not positive lol

Back
Top Bottom