Performance Poultry Experiences??? Please!

Performance Poultry - i bought from them this year, i will never do so again. if you want to know more send me messages, i'll not write slander in posts.

Hey there,

I live in Prince Edward County and Performance Poultry is just up the road. I pick up my chicks and ducklings and have had no problems. All the little ones I got did really well except for one Chinese white gosling, which was replaced. I have called Jason on many occaisions with questions and he has always been helpful and patient. THis is only my second year with poultry so I had lots of questions the first year. He even let me bring over an injured chicken and helped me figure out was going on.

Dee

I'm planning to order from Performance this year. Mostly turkeys but maybe I'll indulge in some ducks and cool chickens. Does anyone have any advice about the best time to order to make sure I get what I want? I was thinking I would put my order in by December to beat the rush.

I'm planning to order from Performance this year. Mostly turkeys but maybe I'll indulge in some ducks and cool chickens. Does anyone have any advice about the best time to order to make sure I get what I want? I was thinking I would put my order in by December to beat the rush.

I am not sure that you can put your order in December since he only accepts orders starting January 2015? I have emailed him though - so maybe you can try that route. He takes awhile to answer because it's out of season but he always does eventually respond. He responded faster when I emailed him in the summer. But right now it's slow.

I'm looking for some standard Cochins to show this year but I can't find anyone close by who has them. I'm thinking about ordering some chicks from performance poultry this year. Has anyone ever had experiences with showing these birds?

Hi Amanda,
I've been ordering from Jason at Performance Poultry for a number of years, he is very knowledgeable in poultry and is a poultry vet tech. This year because of the avian flue, the orders were delayed because some areas in Ontario were under quarantine and borders were closed to transporting poultry. My order was delayed by a month. When ordering make sure you click on pullets, there is an area where it indicates if they can be ordered as sexed or straight run. Some breeds cannot be sexed as day olds. Chantecler is one of them. One year I ordered 15 day old Chantecler and got 9 roosters, that is just the way it is with straight run.
Hope this helps.
Lisa

Pullets are young females, cockerels are young males. Chicks just are baby poultry. If your order says pullets, then you have females!

I actually have a question for anyone who has ordered from Performance Poultry. I've been wanting to order from Performance Poultry for a couple of years now but kept missing ordering season by a couple of days. This year it seems like they've changed their policy and you're now required to order a minimum of 5 chicks per breed, and you can't mix and match colors? Can someone confirm this for me? I don't remember reading anything of the sort last year. I know they've always had a minimum order number for each 'type" (bantams, standards, turkeys, ect) but not individual breeds. I had been planing on placing a small order o 1 or 2 Ameracauna hens and a mixture of couple different bantams but I certainly don't need 5 of each breed AND color :/

Back
Top Bottom