Do the hocks angle out?
Decided to send some photos in the end, ha.
30B49B9E-ED1E-412F-9F59-523F4E5C8493.jpeg

Pictured closer is her right leg. Her left bows out more than her right does- but I can't quite tell/compare.
2CA28056-6807-4D67-8CAE-AF674556C7DB.jpeg

Here's a (kinda) front photo. Her left clearly bows out more than her right does, but again I know this isn't a complete straight shot- sorry :,)

That would be beyond awesome, thank you. :hugs
If you'd like more images I'd be happy to send you some :)

Our vet mentioned nothing about a niacin deficiency, but did recommend that we stay on the supplements.

A few more pictures would be great. I'll send them to him today.

A few more pictures would be great. I'll send them to him today.
Sure thing!! Thanks again for all your help.
406E44BB-1FDA-41D7-930E-5E2CC5670A89.jpeg

A side view, left-facing.
24E33460-5457-4535-A988-7DF580A67E01.jpeg
2E73BE19-087F-45A3-BFB5-FE1F4CC3FFBE.jpeg

Two back-facing photos; thought I would include the 1st one as well seeing as she does tend to step on her feet when she walks.
A2A35BAD-685A-4458-AB31-A5D68641105F.jpeg

This is the best front-facing one of her I could get until she unfortunately fell again.
4654A7C8-D229-4EE5-A45D-F01F7F8F84DE.jpeg

I decided to take a photo of her during a fall just to show what she looks like. I have a video of her that I took during a previous fall that I can upload; but really it's just showcasing her crawling. She quite literally can't work her right foot when this happens.

These used to only happen after we do some exercise or give her a bath, but now she can hardly stand for 5-10 minutes without her right failing her. The liquid complex is set to be here by Tuesday, but I'm worried that if this is a niacin issue, she may just get worse and worse until it's too late. I've uped the amount of supplements I put in both her food and water, is there anything else I could do?

Thanks, again. Really. I highly appreciate your help with all of this. :D

How much of what supplements are you giving
Hi! The Durvet Vitamins & Electrolytes for poultry. There's an enclosed scoop that's about 5gm of the stuff, with 22.5 mg of niacin. Since the scoop is 5gm per gallon and we currently don't have a gallons worth of water for our one duck, we haven't been giving her that much in the water, but obviously that hasn't been doing much so we're gonna up it to about half of the scoop.

In the food, I've always drizzled some on top, but I may also start on using half the scoop, maybe a little less.

You need 1 TBS per cup of feed of yeast, or mixed at a ratio of 1:16. This is why i say yeast is bad, you need a large amount of it. Durvet b complex is much better.
Got it, thank you for the advice!!

We have the Durvet B Liquid Complex actually shipping out at the moment. It's supposed to be here by Tuesday, if not (hopefully) a little earlier. These supplements are kinda all we got at the moment and we're trying to make it work atm. :,)

Thanks again for the tip; I'll try and up the amount tonight and see what that does. Today was not very good for Moe as she can't stand for very long (3-4 minutes max) and has issues coming back up. Her right is definitely failing her but I don't exactly know what to do. She still seems in good spirits and is eating/drinking fine, so I hope when the complex gets here we can get her up and moving again.

Back
Top Bottom