So, Ditsy ( my new male guinea) has some neurological problems. Today I let him and Pie out of their dog crate into my adult guineas area, and they got pecked and attacked, but it was not too bad. Ditsy went into a corner laid down, stretched his head/neck out and spread out his wings, screaming. I grabbed him, cuddled with him ( he was shaking) and put him into the crate, and then Pie. I don't think that either one of them are gonna be free range birds. Ditsy would die without Pie. She is his therapy bird. She keeps him going. We are gonna have a nice, big section for the two of them ASAP. Sorry for the sad story.

I'm on this thread too I like your stories, your profile picture looks like my favorite rooster, Nekbother (it's a funny name, but he DOES have a problem with his neck, he doesn't stretch his neck when he crows and also has a very deep voice)! Excited for your next story! :ya
:ya
Aww! Thank you! Your roo sounds super cute! I love his name!

Nice! What's bumblefoot? Golden laced Wyandottes are super cute!
Bumblefoot is a staff infection in the birds foot. It can kill the bird if you can't treat it. Luckily I caught it early this time. When she had it earlier this year, I caught it sorta late, but I researched to much, and I was able to help her. There is a black scab on the birds foot, and there is puss in the foot. Sometimes you need to cut the birds foot open, but I have been soaking her foot and trying to squeeze the black scab ( the stem).

Back
Top Bottom