Personality wise.....Which rare breed do you like best?

Quote:
The one Spitzhauben hen I had was one of the best. Would fly up on your shoulder, or perch on a nearby yard item while you worked. She was always curious about what you were doing. She is deceased sadly. My absolute favorite is the Belgian Bearded Bantam (D'uccle). The hens and even one of my roosters is very snuggly! I have a few hens that always want to be picked up and petted and held and don't move a muscle, being perfectly content to snuggle. They are also friendly and curious little things and like to ruin your Sunday best by flying up on your shoulder when you go to let them out or put them up sometimes. And they do talk to you. I love their waddle as they run with their feathered feet. And they make such good broodies and mamas too! Some are fairly protective broody mamas, others don't mind you petting the babies if you pet mama too! And I think some of the roosters would have quite the conversation if they could talk. It's so cute when they cluck their girls over for a treat, or start fluffing up the nest box. I even has one rooster who wants to keep the broody hen company in the nest box!

My Spitzhauben are also curious and friendly. I was talking to a neighbor at the fence this afternoon, and her dog barking actually brought the Spitz closer to see what the noise was!

Quote:
fI think your grandparents' birds were related to my grandfather's barred rocks... to this day I don't care for barred anythings... except my crele oegb roo. he's sweet...

and tho none of my birds are really 'lapdog' types, they are very friendly and will run to visit with me when i go outside (free ranged). and my crele oegb roo and silver duckwing hen are 2 of my favorites...

the roo that's meanest now is my sultan... we've had 'words' and whenever he even looks at me or hubby crosseyed, he gets his butt stomped lol (ok well maybe not stomped, but chased, harrassed, and generally bothered until he wants nothing else to do with us...) he gets 2 more weeks then it's freezer camp if he persists in attacking me from behind. I'm only keeping him around for comic relief right now LOL

I have to go with my Hedemora, they are so laid back and not aggressive or flighty. Second would have to be my swedish flower hens. They are very inquisitive and have a lot of personality.

Back
Top Bottom