Pet Birds

McIntosh2019

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 11, 2013
So, I have chickens already, but do you guys know of any birds(other than chickens) that could be more indoor and social, like a pet, kinda. I don't want something that is hard to take care of, or something that can't handle 105 degrees. I want a pretty bird that's friendly. If you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

I've had silkies before and they are wonderful!!!!!!! But I was kinda looking for birds OTHER than chickens.

Thanks!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Sorry - I didn't read your post closely enough. Are turkeys too much like chickens? Or too big? I got my first turkeys this year and will get them from now on - they are awesome! I've also had ducks - they are fun, lay eggs, and you can eat them. High water demand but fun to have in the yard!!

Aren't turkies noisey???? I hadn't thought about ducks brfore. Are the docile and calm???

Thanks!!!!!!
thumbsup.gif

I have a blue fronted amazon parrot and cockatiel. Love them but if you don't have the time or the money I don't recommend a parrot. I've had tiels for about 10 years on and off and they are very sweet but don't need as much time as parrots do. Plus they are a lot cheaper, I spend about $60 a month on my parrot for food, treats and toys and only spend about $20 a month for the tiel The bigger the bird the more time/money it's gonna take.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom