Pet Peeves

Pics
When I was about 13, my beautiful 18-yo sister came down from her room to answer an unexpected phone call with no makeup. I about had a heart attack. I almost didn't recognize her. She had no eyebrows, no eyelashes, no eyelids, no lips. Her hair was an unruly haystack. I determined then and there to never wear makeup. I always wanted to look the same, day or night. I thought, pity the poor guy who took her to bed at night looking like a movie star and woke up next to her looking like Godzilla. Yikes! Nuh-uh. This is the face God gave me, take it or leave it. Besides, men don't make their faces all fake. Why should women? Crazy!
That’s so good, sorry I’m laughing so bad rn at this story 🤣🤣🤣🤣

When I was working at Petsmart many moons ago, I had a coworker tell me that if I wore makeup, I would actually be pretty. I told her if she shut her mouth, she would be smart
I shouldn't be shocked about you ex- coworker but great comeback. Personally have not worn makeup in 9 years.. do not regret it in the least.

When I was about 13, my beautiful 18-yo sister came down from her room to answer an unexpected phone call with no makeup. I about had a heart attack. I almost didn't recognize her. She had no eyebrows, no eyelashes, no eyelids, no lips. Her hair was an unruly haystack. I determined then and there to never wear makeup. I always wanted to look the same, day or night. I thought, pity the poor guy who took her to bed at night looking like a movie star and woke up next to her looking like Godzilla. Yikes! Nuh-uh. This is the face God gave me, take it or leave it. Besides, men don't make their faces all fake. Why should women? Crazy!
Haha, it is amazing how women look with and without makeup. I stopped wearing in years ago and when I did wear it it was only on occasion.

I did make-up in my late teens early 20's. I found it took up to much time. With me working two full time jobs, I just didn't care how people saw me. I know I have saved hunderds by not wearing it.
I did try it a few times in my early twenties. Could not find shades that looked good on me. My complexion is typically referred to as "olive," but I call it "guacamole." I found that I generally, no matter what I did, I ended up looking like either a rodeo clown or a hooker, so I gave up. I just didn't like the painted look.

When I was working at Petsmart many moons ago, I had a coworker tell me that if I wore makeup, I would actually be pretty. I told her if she shut her mouth, she would be smart
I’ve a long standing belief that natural beauty “is where it’s at” & while “accents can be quite fun” - (exaggerating nod of head) Yeah one of my degrees is Tech theatre. I do “get” make ups uses…. I do prefer none & just accents as apposed to foundation + concealer + tonal shading + false (this and that) + blah blah blah…..

Butidigress

Back
Top Bottom