Pet Peeves

Pics
Some of the elder ladies around here call me sugar and baby. Should I be offended?
I think it's regional. (southern)

This came up a while back and while I respected people who didn't like it, I didn't understand what the problem was. Then at work I had an assistant at the hospital who insisted on calling me "BOSS MAN". THAT made me uncomfortable.

For the record, I never cared for hearing people do that either. I have friends that would do it all the time. Cringy
The worst is when some teeny bopper does it to a grown man or woman. Show some respect ya little whippersnapper! Don't call someone older than you honey/sweetie/darlin'. It doesn't make me want to tip you more....it makes me want to ground you or spank you!

It isn't just Southern anymore
I think it's regional. (southern)

This came up a while back and while I respected people who didn't like it, I didn't understand what the problem was. Then at work I had an assistant at the hospital who insisted on calling me "BOSS MAN". THAT made me uncomfortable.
It isn't regional. I live in Illinois not south. I have traveled a lot over the years. It is all over USA.
Think of it this way. The stranger calls me a pet name they most likely call their partner. Are they saying their partner is equal to me a complete stranger? Sort of disrespects their partner and me.

For me rinsing a bowl a beaters is much faster then
Get dressed, find keys, brush hair, tie shoes, find wallet (usually 10 minute search wallet and keys) get in van go to store, argue with manager ( can't get down the aisle again),wait for some to bring the correct jar up,check out, go home, take off shoes, get back into comfy clothes, and open my mayo to finally make that sandwich.
That’s way too many steps :lau that’s the problem 😜

For me it’s just slip shoes on (hence why I basically always wear crocs or sandals or pre tied boots lately 🤣), grab purse (I keep it in the same spot and with keys in it though every so often I will put it in a different spot and lose it briefly 🤣), no brushing for me (throw a hat on since it’s winter or put in a pony tail in summer), go to store, run in, grab it, check out. Takes like two seconds lol especially if I go to dollar store instead of regular store though regular store is pretty fast too. I could easily make it a whole hour thing but if I’m just running to grab something then I don’t and it’s only a few minutes hahah no arguing with managers or waiting involved 🤣 I just run in and grab it myself hahah

That’s way too many steps :lau that’s the problem 😜

For me it’s just slip shoes on (hence why I basically always wear crocs or sandals or pre tied boots lately 🤣), grab purse (I keep it in the same spot and with keys in it though every so often I will put it in a different spot and lose it briefly 🤣), no brushing for me (throw a hat on since it’s winter or put in a pony tail in summer), go to store, run in, grab it, check out. Takes like two seconds lol especially if I go to dollar store instead of regular store though regular store is pretty fast too. I could easily make it a whole hour thing but if I’m just running to grab something then I don’t and it’s only a few minutes hahah no arguing with managers or waiting involved 🤣 I just run in and grab it myself hahah
I use a walker the only store right now (covid) is dollar general. They refuse to clear the aisle for the handicapped to be able to get down them. I would love to skip that part too. My hair go past my bum hats don't hide the tangles.

I use a walker the only store right now (covid) is dollar general. They refuse to clear the aisle for the handicapped to be able to get down them. I would love to skip that part too. My hair go past my bum hats don't hide the tangles.
Oh damn that really sucks, I’m sorry 😭 mines only like shoulder length so it goes up easily and our stores are usually really good about being clear and stuff although there was one that didn’t for a while but then they finally got better about it.

Oh damn that really sucks, I’m sorry 😭 mines only like shoulder length so it goes up easily and our stores are usually really good about being clear and stuff although there was one that didn’t for a while but then they finally got better about it.
Thats why it is easier to grab a few eggs seperate yolks plug in mixer add some lemon juice mix and pour in oil pepper Paprika and salt. Done simple and it only takes 5 minutes. I can remain in my comfies and eat my yummy sandwich. To top it off I don't have to hear the cashier call me hun or baby. :gig

Back
Top Bottom