Pet Sitting Service. UPDATE LOCATIONS listed in post #1

When it comes to your kiddos or pets... they deserve to have a protective parent that cares about their health and well being... leastways that's how I look at it. Call me paranoid all you want... but keeping mine from becoming statistics is 100% worth the worry and putting up with a little name-calling.
big_smile.png

Thanks so much for that link NellaBean! I have spent the last 2 hours perusing and connecting with the site. I am going to take the plunge! I am going to become a registered pet sitter with emphasis on farm sitting!!! IF all of us need this service there has got to be a niche here for me!
wee.gif

Right now I am caring for elderly folks as my own business. I love it but need a little break. I have buried 6 clients in the last month so I am at a lull and am going to change my focus.
I dont want to hijack this thread, but you all have helped me come to this decision and I THANK you!
bow.gif

So--what do you think of this? Any sitters out there that would like to discuss points with me? Pros-cons of the business; tips before I get started? And please could someone tell me where I should post this last paragraph so I am out of this thread?
hu.gif
smack.gif

Thanks so much! I have much work to do! Terri O

Quote:
Thank you VERY much for this link. I found a few places about 30 miles from me, so I have to call them to see if they branch out to my area. This was a great help. Thanks for taking the time to post this link. I appreciate that.

Quote:
Maybe we all should think about going in to pet sitting. Maybe we can help someone like us who has the same problem. I'm thinking about it as well.

No problem
smile.png

I got that link off my own petsitters website. I wish you guys were local so I could you refer you to her and her hubby. Pretty sure she would meet all your criteria! she even leaves a "report card" for every single visit. It lists what condition they were in on arrival (super duper excited!!!!!!), who peed or pooped, if fed and how much they ate, if water changed, etc etc etc. So I can look through all the report cards when I return, for every visit, and see how each animal did while I was gone. It is something relatively simple to do, probably takes 1 minute to fill out, but really makes me feel good to know exactly what happened while I was gone.

I called one of the pet sitters that cared for farm animals. She is coming to visit me this weekend. I told her how many animals I had and the duties and she quoted me a price of $75.00 per day.
barnie.gif
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a lot huh???
hide.gif

Not too bad........I pay $54 for 3 half hour visits per day. And I really think it should be more considering the amount of work. If this person also has to travel to get to you, that should be a fair price. Is that to stay on site, or to come X number of times a day?

Good help is hard to find but worth every penny!

Quote:
She quoted this price for coming out only 1 time per day. But she would have to come out twice a day to close all of the chicken coops at night. She lives about 30 miles away. She would not have to stay on premises. The job would include the following duties.

Tell me what you all think.

I have ducks and chickens sitting on eggs but would not leave town with so many eggs that will be hatched any time soon. These are the animals that I have and this is what you have to do:

122 chickens - feed and make sure that they have fresh water. Pick eggs in nesting boxes.

21 ducks - feed and make sure that they have fresh water. Pick eggs in nesting boxes. Change water in 4 kiddie pools

6 Barbado sheep – feed and make sure that they have fresh water. Make sure that they have hay.

9 geese - feed and make sure that they have fresh water

6 barbado sheep - feed and make sure that they have fresh water

10 rabbits - feed and make sure that they have fresh water

1 pygmy goat - feed and make sure that they have fresh water

15 stray cats - feed and make sure that they have fresh water

Close all chicken coops at night and open up in the morning.
All feed will already be prepared and labeled and in 5 gallons buckets.

What would you charge to do this?

Back
Top Bottom