Pet Turkey's?

How are your turkeys? I just bought two white turkeys my grandson ask for them, hoping I get a Tom and a Hen, but you never know. I have had a bunch of free range chickens for several years also as pets not eating birds. These Turkey's are even more funny than the chickens for they follow me around and eat out of our hands, the kids love them....My two LGD a Pyrenees and Komondor both play with them. The turkey's nor the chickens pay any mind to the dogs and there just pups and doing well. If you have any suggestions for me in this endeavour or anything you have learned please let me know. For we want them healthy as we do any of our pets. I am about to add two pigs but they will not turn into pet's i hope.. One of my Turkey's is much bigger now than the other so our hope is that she is a hen.

How are your turkeys? I just bought two white turkeys my grandson ask for them, hoping I get a Tom and a Hen, but you never know. I have had a bunch of free range chickens for several years also as pets not eating birds. These Turkey's are even more funny than the chickens for they follow me around and eat out of our hands, the kids love them....My two LGD a Pyrenees and Komondor both play with them. The turkey's nor the chickens pay any mind to the dogs and there just pups and doing well. If you have any suggestions for me in this endeavour or anything you have learned please let me know. For we want them healthy as we do any of our pets. I am about to add two pigs but they will not turn into pet's i hope.. One of my Turkey's is much bigger now than the other so our hope is that she is a hen.
You have this backwards. Turkey hens are smaller than the toms.

Petey is my pet turkey. He is one of the best birds I have ever met. I was shocked at how snuggly they are. He would have slept snuggled up with me at night if I had let him. He's almost three months old and acts like big bad turkey until he sees me, then he goes into his baby peepeepeeps. He will come sit on my lap and fall asleep. He will snuggle into my jacket if I let him. I can let him roam and he sticks close. I love this little bird to pieces.

I'm new to turkeys as well, I've got 2 Royal Palm poults, II love them ,they are so sweet and love to be around us, even inside the house they will sit on our laps and fall asleep. I will never be able to eat turkey for Thanksgiving again!

Mine are super sweet as well, they are still young enough to sit on my lap, only about 6 weeks, and they totally fall asleep on my lap in front of the TV. So cute

We have two 6 week old poults, and when we got them they were the same size now one is much larger then the other with more colors, so he is a Tom. We can tell this early, he even did a display yesterday, he shot up his little short tail and fluffed up his feathers and dropped his wing feathers so the scratched the ground. Absolutely ADORABLE!

My granddaughter who is 5 gets upset with the chickens and ducks because they won't hold still for her to pet them but loves my turkeys. The other day she was sitting on the deck with one and was pretending the turkey was at the beauty shop getting its hair done. I heard her talking to her and running a leaf across her back like she was fixing her hair and painting her nails. Lucky just layed there as if she was enjoying it and talking back to her. Just love them for giving my granddaughter that moment. It was sweet.

Here's my pumpkin after I saved him from a thunderstorm a few weeks ago. He snuggled right up on my lap and went to sleep. That was right after I started letting the flock stay outside for extended periods. Poor lovelies. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom