Photo Critique Club

Post #1300 go look at it and vote below

• Total voters
Hey. So I do custom diecasts and was testing out reflection photography for it (I think that's the correct name) but if I made it too bright the reflection would go away but I still want the car itself to be bright. Is this possible?

20220529_182151.jpg

Hey. So I do custom diecasts and was testing out reflection photography for it (I think that's the correct name) but if I made it too bright the reflection would go away but I still want the car itself to be bright. Is this possible?

View attachment 3189659
Move the light source around until you get the right balance you're looking for.

View attachment 3189659
Use your sights to level the picture. You can see the line in the background is slanted.
Then on lightening, I agree with @azurbanclucker. Move your lightening around. Something I've been using for my car photography (it's not anything professional, sorry) is I have a five bulb lamp with LED light bulbs in it. Put it in the right place and move each piece to wherever you see the lightening best. Try not to point the lights directly at the car because it can brighten up the car too much. If the lamp shades are glossed like mine, it works best to point each bulb to the side and shine through the shade for the lightening.
With the reflection, you might not want the lamp above the car in any way, but around the car. Reflection pictures can be hard because they can show anything, including things you don't want. Positioning of everything is key. ;)

Use your sights to level the picture. You can see the line in the background is slanted.
Then on lightening, I agree with @azurbanclucker. Move your lightening around. Something I've been using for my car photography (it's not anything professional, sorry) is I have a five bulb lamp with LED light bulbs in it. Put it in the right place and move each piece to wherever you see the lightening best. Try not to point the lights directly at the car because it can brighten up the car too much. If the lamp shades are glossed like mine, it works best to point each bulb to the side and shine through the shade for the lightening.
With the reflection, you might not want the lamp above the car in any way, but around the car. Reflection pictures can be hard because they can show anything, including things you don't want. Positioning of everything is key. ;)
Thank you so much!! Will do

I'm not a fan of the angle at all here. He'd look awesome in profile though. Are these cell shots? They get really grainy when you zoom them in.
They are cell phone photos and that's the best angle I could get from where I was (walkway) to were he was (on top of a waterfall

Back
Top Bottom