Photo Critique Club

Post #1300 go look at it and vote below

• Total voters
Pics
How about this one? Any ways i could have improved this shot?? I call it rock learning to fly

View attachment 3158196
Level your horizon for starters, it's kicking slightly left. Water is always level and you can use it to set your horizon in shots that have odd angles or are slightly off level. It's slightly soft, but I suspect that's motion blur. Not a lot you can do about it in post unfortunately. It's still a great memory and you can print it for a photo album no problem. But please, for my OCD, level your horizon before you print it? :p

I thought this would be a fun computer wallpaper. What could make it better?
860438D0-5283-4485-B0B4-4CAB4BC1DF24.jpeg

Took this at my grandma’s house. i liked the way the colors contrasted. What does it need?View attachment 3158204
The giant blob of red on the side pulls it off balance. It's a lovely shot and the varied DOF on the flowers has a lot of visual interest, but that big red bloom is just overpowering everything. This is a case where I'd center that bloom and make it the focal point of the image. Come around to the right of it to pull it more left into your frame, and see what a difference that makes.

The giant blob of red on the side pulls it off balance. It's a lovely shot and the varied DOF on the flowers has a lot of visual interest, but that big red bloom is just overpowering everything. This is a case where I'd center that bloom and make it the focal point of the image. Come around to the right of it to pull it more left into your frame, and see what a difference that makes.
ok. i see what you mean :D

Slight disclaimer:

Please accept my apolgies in advance if my comments seem overly harsh when giving feedback. I tend to write very clinically when making suggestions and it can come off as cold or harsh. That is 100% not my intent and I do try to soften it, but mileage varies from person to person on how good I am at that. :) I do not mean to poo on anyone's efforts and I am genuinely trying to help improve your shots. Please take it with the intent, and not with the "what a jackwagon!" response if it seems harsh. You can also tell me I'm being a meanie too. I'm used to it. :p

Level your horizon for starters, it's kicking slightly left. Water is always level and you can use it to set your horizon in shots that have odd angles or are slightly off level. It's slightly soft, but I suspect that's motion blur. Not a lot you can do about it in post unfortunately. It's still a great memory and you can print it for a photo album no problem. But please, for my OCD, level your horizon before you print it? :p
Lol. Didn't realize it wasn't level.

I agree there.

Is this better? Can't do anything about the blurry motion though.
20220529_135622.jpg

Please critique! I know its not a great background and there is probably to much goldish color in the picture. It doesn't make them pop out as much. Not to mention the giant pinecone!
View attachment 3158412
I would have gone with a deeper, darker background to make them pop more. Or one that's a different color from them, like green.

Back
Top Bottom