Photo Critique Club

Post #1300 go look at it and vote below

• Total voters
That's why I take multiple shots.
I grab as many as I can in the short time I have Screenshot_20220805-134603_Gallery.jpg

No kidding. Sunrises and sunsets retain their magical quality for moments only.
This is so true. I like to silhouette birds in the morning when I get off from night shift. I leave work about 30 minutes before sunrise, and it takes me around 20 minutes to get to the birds.

I don't know how many times I've seen epic colors driving down the interstate right before sunup then 5 minutes later when I get there it's just.......... meh. Or I'll look at the clouds and current sunrise colors and decide to stay on the interstate and just go home, then 5 minutes later.......... EPIC colors, lol.

I'd like to know how you people can capture the color of the sunrises and sunsets. Recently I was trying to capture the effects of a sunset but was having a hard time. I was photographing a pond with the sunset behind me. It was throwing off a really cool effect, but I was having a hard time capturing it. Is it lightening? Is it a setting? Are you messing around with colors, etc. on the camera? I've been practicing with Creative Auto, and playing around with the settings, I've been able to better capture the real colors of things. Do I keep playing around with that and see what I come up with?

I think the biggest tip is adjusting the white balance. Even my expensive mirrorless camera will get the WB wrong (especially during sunrises). Occasionally I will set the WB manually in the field while shooting but usually I just leave it in auto then adjust it to what I remember it looking like in post processing.....

I took this one the other morning. There were some very subtle pink/oranges I could see with my eye that weren't showing up with the auto white balance. A few adjustments in lightroom brought them out....

250A0260.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom