Photo of our two person processing setup

bremsster

Hatching
12 Years
Aug 23, 2007
This the set up we have refined over the years since there is only two of us to get the work done. I use the inverted cone system for bleeding out the birds, two scalding pots fueled by propane and a Pickwick Plucker. If everything is going well I can turn out a plucked chicken every 3 minutes-(water temp can be a problem if its windy) My wife handles the gutting/chopping process, we both join in for the final check, wash and bagging. We keep it at 75 birds a day, start early and have the area cleaned up before the customers starting showing up at 4:00pm. We do between 150-300 birds a summer.

Picture558.jpg

Picture560.jpg

Picture562.jpg

Picture378.jpg

We're in Western Wisconsin, state allows us to do 1000 or less birds per year without inspection-this varies by state however. Our sales are to the foks around this area, runs about $2.00 lb dressed out. Most of the birds are sold to repeat customers.

I would love to send this to someone who has limited access to a computer in Oregon. He just started processing his own birds and I think he would love to see this set-up. It all looks so organized and clean. Thanks for posting that bremsster!

Can one of you computer geniuses help me out on how I can send this whole thing to him???? I fear I will never get caught up on my computer skills.
barnie.gif

Wow, that's awesome! Thanks for the detailed pics. That looks very effecient, and clean. I love the cooling barrels, awesome idea. Can I ask what the baskets on the table to the left are for?

pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom