Pick your egg to hope for! (Duck version) - Hatch-Along

Fangeddeer

Songster
Apr 23, 2023
Never done this before, never had eggs before and never bred. Just letting nature do its thing bc drakes can’t be fixed. Which, gave me eggs to hope upon! So, come pick an egg! (Doesn’t mean I’ll sell the duckling for whomever picked it’s egg, not even sure if I’m getting rid of them yet)

Eggs to choose from, 1,2,3,4,5.
Rules, no bad luck and no bad praying/hoping! I want my first time and many to come to be good
If someone chose the egg you want already, you CAN still choose it! The more people the better :]

Attachments

• IMG_6682.jpeg
    IMG_6682.jpeg
    675.8 KB · Views: 45
I pick #4! Good luck!
How are you incubating these? Do you have a calibrated thermometer and a salt tested hygrometer?

I pick #4! Good luck!
How are you incubating these? Do you have a calibrated thermometer and a salt tested hygrometer?
No I don’t, I’m letting mom brood because she’s been taking really good care of them so far

No I don’t, I’m letting mom brood because she’s been taking really good care of them so far
Oh ok, I thought you were using the heat lamp pictured. Sounds good. Fingers crossed! I've done a lot of incubating and hatching before, if you have any questions down the road feel free to ask. 😊

Oh ok, I thought you were using the heat lamp pictured. Sounds good. Fingers crossed! I've done a lot of incubating and hatching before, if you have any questions down the road feel free to ask. 😊
Thank you! I’m using the heat lamp for mama bc it gets cold in winter where I live, but it’s high enough to not heat the eggs

Sad update, seems no eggs made it past the month. I think it’s because I didn’t feed her oyster shells and ruined her nesting area to make it easier for her to get in and out. Either way, there’s one egg left but I have zero hope. They were doing fine until I made a better entrance for her by moving stuff around. Though, the last egg was ruined by my goat I think. I don’t know, but I think it was my fault for thinking leaving them with mom was a good idea

Sad update, seems no eggs made it past the month. I think it’s because I didn’t feed her oyster shells and ruined her nesting area to make it easier for her to get in and out. Either way, there’s one egg left but I have zero hope. They were doing fine until I made a better entrance for her by moving stuff around. Though, the last egg was ruined by my goat I think. I don’t know, but I think it was my fault for thinking leaving them with mom was a good idea
I am so sorry. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom