• Ayam Cemani with white leakage

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Buff Orpington

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Barnyard Mix

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Pics
My rooster to the NN chicks parents, were NN but he hatched regular. So he does have the NN some where in there. All his eggs hatched, so he had good genes, some were just regular chicks.
Naked neck is a dominant gene, if he carried it you would know. If he hatched regular but both his parents had naked necks they were probably both heterozygous, and produced him, a chicken without a naked neck. None of his offspring will get a naked neck gene from him. If he were to produce any naked neck chicks he would have to be crossed to a naked neck female, and the naked neck would be from the mother, not him.

Naked neck is a dominant gene, if he carried it you would know. If he hatched regular but both his parents had naked necks they were probably both heterozygous, and produced him, a chicken without a naked neck. None of his offspring will get a naked neck gene from him. If he were to produce any naked neck chicks he would have to be crossed to a naked neck female, and the naked neck would be from the mother, not him.
So there’s a good chance I will get NN chicks?

(going under the assumption she is heterozygous) When crossed to another heterozygous rooster, 25% will be normal, and 75% (25% homozygous, 50% heterozygous) will be NN.

When crossed to a homozygous rooster 100% will be NN, 50% heterozygous and 50% homozygous.

Back
Top Bottom