Pickle the Silkie

I dropped Pickles off at my county fair this morning. He has a Old English Game Bantam rooster next to him. They crowed back and forth for like 15 minutes. :lau Then he had to show off to the silkie pullets behind him. Resized_20220802_102058.jpeg

Go Pickles! What color is pickles? Also, what are all the steps in showing a Silkie? I have some that I think would do great at a show and would love for them to win some ribbons some day. 😊

Go Pickles! What color is pickles? Also, what are all the steps in showing a Silkie? I have some that I think would do great at a show and would love for them to win some ribbons some day. 😊
I don't think he is an official color. I am calling him Columbian Gray. I don't think what Pickles is doing is really proper showing though I am working up to doing proper showing with him someday. It's not a completely official competition, since it is just my county fair. I just have to drop him off and make sure he is ready for the judges.

Thanks! I just assumed that the judges couldn't handle his cuteness so he blew their minds.
I'm not sure what rules these judges went by but I know in a regular showing there are certain colors that are recognized for judging. Such as white, black, buff, etc. The regular colors. Since Columbian grey isn't an official Silkie color I don't think you'll be able to show him in competitions. You might have to get a silkie just for that. He really is a cutie though! ❤️

I'm not sure what rules these judges went by but I know in a regular showing there are certain colors that are recognized for judging. Such as white, black, buff, etc. The regular colors. Since Columbian grey isn't an official Silkie color I don't think you'll be able to show him in competitions. You might have to get a silkie just for that. He really is a cutie though! ❤️
Thanks! I am planning to get a black silkie hen in the future just for showing. Any suggestions on the color of my other silkie I am planning to get?

Back
Top Bottom